Our mission

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

So it is finally upgrade time! I have been dabbling with an upgrade since July of 2013 and was on track to working with a 40B and 20L setup. Well, after much thought and savings I chose to go with a MUCH nicer setup, a CAD Lights 100G Artisan II! I had a CAD Lights tank in the past and it was an easy choice to go with them again.
I really look forward to putting this one together and sharing my progress!
1QhRYzZ.gif

0aWWjtj.png

CAD Lights 100g Artistan II
Ordered 2/13/2014
Arrived 2/25/2014

1/2" Starfire
47.5" x 23.5" x 20"
V83OPVk.png

3 X EcoTech Radion G3 Pros
Reefkeeper Lite
EcoTech Marine Radion LED Hanging Kit
EcoTech Radion XR30W Long Rail Kit
EcoTech Radion XR30W +One Long Rail Kit
CAD Lights 250G Capacity TIA-1220 Protein Skimmer
CAD Lights BR-1 Conic Media Reactor
(2) Jabeo WP-40
Elos ATO
Bubble Magus Doser
BRS 5 Stage PLUS RO/DI 75g Per Day
2 Jager Eheim 150w Heaters
2gTiuu2.png

Purple Tang
Leopard Wrasse
3 Lyretail Anthias
Pearly Jawfish
Longspine Cardinal
Solar Wrasse
Starry Blenny
Pair of Darwin Clowns
3 Fire Fish
Diamond Goby
Fire Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp
Fighting Conch

70lbs BRS Dry Pukani
100 Caribsea Fiji Pink

Last edited:
Ordered 100lbs of Fiji Pink, 100lbs of BRS Pukani Dry Rock, 5 stage BRS RO/DI unit and some other oddball things.
HHduT96.gif

Now I have to decide on the lighting plunge...

Very nice. That's gonna be a big step up from 5.5! Of course you have been 'in training' at Kris's! :)

How high is the top of tank from floor?

Will you put a screen top on it?

The stand itself is a bit on the short side @ 36" but I really do enjoy the top down view more. So total height would make it 56"

I do plan on a DIY screen similar to the one most people make.

Man what are you going to do with all that space? That's like 100 times more tank than you have isn't it?? :)

If you need a set of strong hangs give me a buzz, although two people should be able to carry that no problem... well ok it'll be heavy, but it's a bit small to get another set in there.

Man what are you going to do with all that space? That's like 100 times more tank than you have isn't it?? :)

I know right. Maybe a fish or 6? LOL

If you need a set of strong hands give me a buzz, although two people should be able to carry that no problem... well ok it'll be heavy, but it's a bit small to get another set in there.

We SHOULD be able to get it. Apartment has an elevator and Kris has a dolly thing-a-ma-bobber. If we can't I will reach out. Thanks! :)

Hurry up and get that thing cycled I'm sure a San Francisco or Peninsula tank tour is coming up soon! Hell I'm trying to get mine up and going too :D

Well my 3 year old male cat had a urinary blockage 2 nights ago @ 3am which prompted a $1500 emergency bill followed by a 3 day stay at a local vet for observation and fluids for another $1300. Needless to say my little buddy is going to be OK and I am so happy BUT he cost me my lights for the tank :/

gosh i love cad light setups.

Me too!

Ouch! Feed that cat some cranberry juice! (I kid I kid) You already spent the money anyways ;) But yikes, that's expensive care, I've been fairly lucky with my cats, 8 years and not a single big issue. Ok though you're excused until next year when hopefully you can get lights for your tank :)

nice setup! if you need a chiller or calium reactor LMK I am looking to sell them. I also have those glass holders and lifting straps we used at Vince's.

That's a beautiful tank! I'm going to have to look up your 5.5g build. I never had luck with pico tanks. I used to have a 3.4g pest tank. Aptasia, eunicid worm, pistol shrimp, and bryopsis. It crashed.

100lbs of Fiji Pink arrived today along with my RO/DI unit

I get everything plumbed up all nice and neat, its all under the sink hard lined to the water supply and drains into the sink drain all within the cabinet.

Turn it on....sprayed with water for a good 45 seconds. :mad:

wifo6vsl.jpg

Cracked elbow in shipping. BRS is replacing it obviously but not making any water any time soon :eek:

ACK! I think Fidel had the same thing happen to him with his RO from BRS.

What are you doing for the sump?

That stinks! I know it will get fixed so its all good :)

Sump wise it comes with a 30g glass 4 chamber sump. I will know more once it gets here.

Back