Cali Kid Corals

Mouse's IM Nuvo Fusion 40g

Hi Carrie - beautiful additions! Will follow along for progress on beautiful nem (which I wanted so badly too when I saw it in neuro's immaculate tank but hesitated as I haven't had much luck with them)! Did you initially place it on your rock and it moved onto the sand?! Good luck!

Nice addition.

Do you still have the Elegance? I couldn't see it in the last pics.

I purposely hid it from the pictures. It's in the bottom front of the tank. It got severely pissed off when I went out of town for the weekend. I thought there was enough flow where it was, but I guess not. It seems happier where it is now. We'll see. :(

Hi Carrie - beautiful additions! Will follow along for progress on beautiful nem (which I wanted so badly too when I saw it in neuro's immaculate tank but hesitated as I haven't had much luck with them)! Did you initially place it on your rock and it moved onto the sand?! Good luck!

Thank you! Yep, I put it on the rock, and it moved to the sand. Darn thing. That rock was placed there just for it.

Its not actually on the sand, right? I assume its foot is attached under that rock ledge. They tend to walk into the shade if they need to adjust to new lighting, so it will probably come out from that ledge after it settles in. Also, they can walk around pretty frequently. Mine were in one place for the last month and now 2 of them have started walking a bit again.

Its not actually on the sand, right? I assume its foot is attached under that rock ledge. They tend to walk into the shade if they need to adjust to new lighting, so it will probably come out from that ledge after it settles in. Also, they can walk around pretty frequently. Mine were in one place for the last month and now 2 of them have started walking a bit again.
It looks like it's attached to the rock. I haven't picked up the rock to check. I'm sure it'll move up. If not, more room on the rock for other colors of anemones. [emoji1]

It's been a tough couple of weeks. I guess I'll start with the small amount of news, and move on to the bad.

Good:
My anemone moved up to where I wanted it (on top of the rock).

Bad:
- Elegance coral died. I don't know what happened. It seemed to be doing better, then with no warning, I woke up to hermits finishing it off.

- Carpenter Wrasse and one of my Black Ice Clowns are missing. I checked the floor, I checked the sump area with a flashlight, my parameters are great, corals are happy, shrimp is happy. I have no idea what happened or where they went. The Carpenter disappeared over a week ago and the clown disappeared earlier this week. Before I put the rock in, I dipped it in a high salinity water to try to get any invert hitchhikers, but I suppose something could be hiding. I did see a black limpet the other day and I've been seeing an asterina starfish since the first month of setting the tank up, so some hitchhikers did make it. I'm also thinking maybe the anemone ate the wrasse, but I doubt he'd eat the clownfish.

Carpenter's wrasses are a species of flasher wrasse and those do not hide/sleep in the sand. If he's hiding, he'd be down in the rocks.

Sorry to hear about this! Fish can be difficult sometimes for no apparent reason.

I'm still confused about what happened to him. Nothing is wrong with my water, so I'm really worried there's a hitchhiker in there. I'm not buying replacement fish for at least a month.

Sorry for the losses. . Unfortunately losing a fish is a part of keeping aquariums. I can't imagine the stress they of through in transport... . It surely weakens then and makes it harder to adjust in even perfect conditions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Grats. I've had two nems in the 60 for about 9mo now and the clowns won't pay any attention to them lol. Guess there happy hosting the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a couple of top down shots.

Happy little black ice clown (Aquatic Collection) in the red bta (@neuro)
evabuge6.jpg

Acan (Reef Raft NorCal) purchased on 5/28/14.
I'm so happy it's happy. It wasn't cheap.
7aqy5uve.jpg

I'm planning on heading up to Neptune after my son is done with his nap. I saw on Facebook they got a bunch of Florida Ricordeas in.

Some more (turned the flash off this time o_O):

Black Ice Clown (Aquatic Collection 5/28/14) and Red BTA (@neuro 6/23/14)
evygabun.jpg

Clove Polyps (Reef Raft NorCal 5/24/14)
9u3yzu5y.jpg

Sunset Monti (@neuro 6/23/14)
e2yqyze7.jpg

Ricordea/Yuma Garden
zy8e2aqu.jpg

Acan Garden
ytu6agyz.jpg

Last edited:
New kids from Neptune Aquatics:

SA Fancy White Ocellaris Extreme Clownfish
e2a3u9ys.jpg
y8yjybez.jpg

Carpenter Wrasse (to replace the one that disappeared) He's huge!
enadyra4.jpg

I also got a green acan, but my lights are out, so I'll get pictures of it tomorrow

Back