High Tide Aquatics

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Now to just add in more corals! Looking pretty barren :p

GSMhyF9.jpg

9ugLt9O.jpg

So after 3 days and a lot of stress, my apartment complex has finished moving our electrical panel from our hallway closet to the entryway. Probably not a big deal in most peoples cases but having the aquarium is a can of worms. SO, we had to be out of the apartment for 3 days from 8a - 5pm. I also had to move my cats out, litter box, food and reside at a friends. It was really a pain in the ass! I cant even tell you.

MLGhTj0m.jpg
dbDIAjJm.jpg

I convened with my downstairs neighbor and he was more than willing to string down an extension cord to let me run my return, heaters, skimmer and doser.

I would only run the power from his place when we needed to and the tank actually benefited from a few days with the lights out. I am not seeing any losses of life or corals.

My neighbor gained 2 cases of beer. Happy days! :p

Thats crazy so you had no power for 3 days and had to use your neighbors eletrcicity for your tank?

Off topic but Whered you get your sunburst nem again? Id like to get one in the future.

Cool beans, does this benefit you at all? (the moving of the electrical panel)

And I'm sure this isn't super critical (load bearing) but the electrician who ran the conduit should be floggedI see at least 3 studs that he cut almost completely through, as a result, they're only holding up drywall :D

Cool beans, does this benefit you at all? (the moving of the electrical panel)

And I'm sure this isn't super critical (load bearing) but the electrician who ran the conduit should be floggedI see at least 3 studs that he cut almost completely through, as a result, they're only holding up drywall :D

No benifit to me, I am thinking they are actually selling our building and they have been remodeling and bring lots of stuff up to code.

And yes, the people they hired are probably the worst. There are so many sloppy cuts and mistakes its unbelievable. I am by no means a construction worker or carpenter but even I can tell stuff doesn't look right :/

Off topic but Whered you get your sunburst nem again? Id like to get one in the future.

A guy in SF who was moving. Keep searching, they are out there.

What a pain! Glad the tank is ok! My landlady keeps wanting to do this in my place and I keep putting her off because I know if will be a nightmare. My electrical panel is in my bedroom closet, which is apparently no longer up to code. I'm just making my landlady wait until I eventually move out haha.

Im just trying to stay off my landlords radar. Nothing going on here in this oldass apartment. Just keep neglecting it and ill keep things the way i found it when i moved in. Hooray privacy.

I don't think that's been up to code for 20+ years!
Technically you need those stupid AFCI breakers for every bedroom too! Doubly so if you move the panel because that technically requires permits... although I question whether or not landlords really go that extra step since that would get a bit pricy if he did that for all the units in the complex

Diamond gobies are my favorites but I've had 3 jump out of the tiniest gap...your tank has no cover, right? Just stunning but I hope your goby does not jump!

I like diamond gobys. They spit sand on everything on the tank bottom though. Since the sand on the bottom of my tank is pretty much my frag rack I can't have sand sifters in my tank.

I once had a sand shifting goby...funny and amusing to watch. Except it had this evil pasttime of his. It would grab sand up in its mouth and deposit it right in front of my power head causing sandstorms

Back