High Tide Aquatics

DBTC: Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

jonmos75

Supporting Member
I originally purchased my RBTA in 1999 and I have had the RBTA split numerous times from then till now and after joining BAR I will like to spread it around within our club. These anemones are VERY resilient and have been through neglect, and even electric shock in the past and now the most pure water they have ever had….They have also experienced may type of Lights from (PC, Metal Halide, VHO and now Kessil LED lights)

This is the Original RBTA ....(I think)...lol

ebf9cf67551ae5fe126f434773dd19ba.jpg

Here Are My Rules:

1) Must be a BAR (Supporting) Member
2) Must have an Established Tank and able to take care of these Anemones
3) First 2 splits MUST go back into DBTC before you sell any.
4) If my tank was to crash :(, I leave & come back into the Hobby (not likely [emoji14]) or if I lose my original Anemone I have shared with the club :eek:….. My name goes to the front of the list on the next available anemone in the DBTC.
5) If you don’t want to update the DBTC on your own of the status of the anemone please let me know so I can update the tread.….. Type of updates needing to know: If you shared a split or traded with another member, sold it outside the BAR, or if it was to die.

The RBTA Stats:

Care Level: Easy
Lighting Requirements: Moderate to high (PAR 220-350)
Water Flow: Moderate
Aggressiveness: Aggressive
Range: Fiji, Tonga,Indo-Pacific
Family: Actiniidae
Water Conditions: 75-80° F; sg 1.024-1.026 (1.025 is ideal); pH 8.1-8.4Ca 420-440 ppm, Alk 8-9.5 dKH, Mg 1260-1350, Nitrates <10ppm, Phosphates, < .10ppm

More info about care located HERE

Note:
I have at the moment 15 in the tank and I am only willing to give them out when they are on the glass and are easy to remove to share in the DBTC so feel free to ask if there are any available or if you are interested and I will put you on a waiting list as soon as one attaches to the glass.

Pickup:
I am located in Santa Cruz, I can also arrange a time when I go to San Jose (almost once a month) or meetup at a BAR Event.

Currently Available RBTA:

1 available...

Waiting List:
1)
2)

Last edited:
I would like to have one but part of me thinks that I should wait.
My tank has only been running for 2.5-3 months. I have lost 1 coral so far. It was a rock flower anemone as part of 3 that I got from the group buy. It detached and then floats around for a while then one day just melted away. I think its foot got damaged because it never fully attacked itself to the live rock unlike the other two rock anemone that I got.

I would like to have one but part of me thinks that I should wait.
My tank has only been running for 2.5-3 months. I have lost 1 coral so far. It was a rock flower anemone as part of 3 that I got from the group buy. It detached and then floats around for a while then one day just melted away. I think its foot got damaged because it never fully attacked itself to the live rock unlike the other two rock anemone that I got.

Not a problem waiting....and being a responsible reef-keeper and knowing your situation...

Just let me know when you have got your tank a bit more stable as I will have these for a while....lol

Thanks for starting this dbtc jonmos!

Glad to see someone using DBTC correctly. Its supposed to be for backing up a lineage of coral.

If your birdnest fell over and you feel bad about throwing away the broken pieces and if you dont care about protecting the lineage, you should put it in the Pay It Forward section.

Theres a difference between Free stuff and DBTC.

Glad to see youre doing it right. :) jon I think I might try cutting the DPV NEM soon :confused:

If your birdnest fell over and you feel bad about throwing away the broken pieces and if you dont care about protecting the lineage, you should put it in the Pay It Forward section.

Lol...this is what has happened to my Birdnest and was going to post it up later tonight...to funny you chose this example

Glad to see youre doing it right. :) jon I think I might try cutting the DPV NEM soon :confused:

I have never cut mine as they have always done this naturally....can't wait to see it tho....;)

Wow nice to see your having such success with these beauties. I will get in line for one if there are any available. Great DBTC!

@swayd

I should have another on the glass that I can give you via DBTC...

Would you like to pickup in Santa Cruz or if you PM me I will let you know when I am going to San Jose next....

@swayd

I should have another on the glass that I can give you via DBTC...

Would you like to pickup in Santa Cruz or if you PM me I will let you know when I am going to San Jose next....
Wow you are fast. I can pick it up in SC anytime after 4 on weekdays since I am off work at 2:30pm. Let me know what works best for you. I can get out there as early as today, but I would be on a motorcycle today lol.

Thanks Jon! I put mine in medium light medium flow and it decided to crawl in to a dark crevice. Hopefully it will show its self when the lights come on! Thank you!

I put mine at the middle of the tank where medium flow and medium light, too. This morning I found out he move to the bottom near those Rock Nem and stay there. I think it want to say hi to it neighbor. :)

Back