Cali Kid Corals

DBTC: Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

Beautiful nems! I would also like to be put on the waiting list for one of these.

I see that your tank is just 4 months old....just want to check in as this is a new setup and want to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before letting an RBTA go into a tank that could still be cycling ....or has the parameters still settling in...

Either tell me more about your setup, wait a little bit longer or have another member vouch for your setup.....I will defiantly put you on the list once I know it is going to a well maintained or established tank....

Thanks Jon

I see that your tank is just 4 months old....just want to check in as this is a new setup and want to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before letting an RBTA go into a tank that could still be cycling ....or has the parameters still settling in...

Either tell me more about your setup, wait a little bit longer or have another member vouch for your setup.....I will defiantly put you on the list once I know it is going to a well maintained or established tank....

Thanks Jon
No problem thats fair since I understand these anemones can be quite finicky especially in a newly setup tank. I waited for my ammonia and nitrites to be zero and my nitrates were pretty low. Also my salinity of course is constant. I will try to upgrade my journal soon and try to show what I have growing. Also if you think it would be best to try out more easier items first that fine as I am certainly in no rush. If you have an suggestions of parameters that I should keep an eye on prior to adding a BTA, please let me know! Thanks!

William

William,

I looked briefly for your tank journal and didn't see it...so send me a link...These nems are pretty hardy as I have put them through some tough time in the past...

In the OP I have a link and the parameters to keep RBTA.

Haha when I was trying to get it to stick to one of the rocks, I accidentally let it slip and was freaking out because it was floating towards my powerhead:eek:. I definitely do not want a anemone smoothie:)

How big are the two? Interested in getting one..
They are not too big....

12631c6768a6a610b28893de737be8d3.jpg

Sorry for the bad cell pic...

Jon

Looking good so far!
Only moved about an inch away from where I put him last night, hopefully settles in and like that spot - right next to his sad, new friend.
new nem.jpg

My hope is:
A) It will do well, grow and be happy.
B) With luck, serve as a source of zooxanthellae (via diffusion into the water column) for my bleached one. I imagine if it works at all, it will take some time. I saw someone on RC saying he was feeding a tentacle from a healthy carpet to a bleached one. Have not seen if it worked... But I'm not planning on doing that with these guys.

Added myself to this chain for completeness sake. I received one of these from Jon almost 3 years ago. It is now split into 3 little nems that are slowly rebounding after being transferred to my BC29. I hope to be able to return a fully healthy clone back to Jon sometime later this year.

Back