Reef nutrition

Wp10 doesn't run unless you manually spin the prop?

So, my first wp10 failed after about a year of use.

I took it all apart and soaked it in vinegar so everything is clean now.

I find it won't spin up unless you manually spin the prop a few times. As soon as it stops it won't start again. No noticeable seizing of the prop or anything.

Anyone have this happen to them? Guessing just pitch it out?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I've had the issue with DC fans; little lube and it meant time to replace; with water pumps/ph's since they are surrounded with epoxy? might mean a replacement sooner than later.
Check the shaft, if the impeller magnet slides in with ease or if there's some sort of friction there might be some calcium build up in the impeller itself.
I had an Ocean Runner pump not working; cleaned it i a vinegar bath and nothing, would not work. I took out the impeller and checked the magnet right where the shaft goes in and there was a super thin film of calcium build. I left it in full vinegar, no water for about an hour and used a fiberglass rod to "scrub" the impeller and pump works as it should.

I've had the issue with DC fans; little lube and it meant time to replace; with water pumps/ph's since they are surrounded with epoxy? might mean a replacement sooner than later.
Check the shaft, if the impeller magnet slides in with ease or if there's some sort of friction there might be some calcium build up in the impeller itself.
I had an Ocean Runner pump not working; cleaned it i a vinegar bath and nothing, would not work. I took out the impeller and checked the magnet right where the shaft goes in and there was a super thin film of calcium build. I left it in full vinegar, no water for about an hour and used a fiberglass rod to "scrub" the impeller and pump works as it should.
The entire body of the powerhead is potted in epoxy. I will check the impeller shaft and impeller again. There could be some buildup in missed. I guess the other thing to try would be swapping the impeller from my other wp10 and seeing if it works.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back