Reef nutrition

CAD Lights 46G

Ibn

This sucker has been sitting around for well over a year now...it should be seeing water in the near future.

Custom Cadlight tank - 30x20x18 starfire (~46 gallons)
Custom MDO stand with slideout custom sump (built both; stand with help from both Ian and Boun)
Vertex Omega 150 skimmer
Eheim compact+ 2000 return
2-3x Vortex MP10wES
2x AI Vega on AI rails
2x 150W Eheim heaters
Tunze Osmolator 3155 ATO
Red & black PVC
Other crap as needed...

162381140.WrDuuXTs.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, only SW tank at the moment. The planted FW planted tank is at home.

No water in the tank still; been busy and haven't gotten around to plumbing it yet. Whole set up is still on the dolly.

Just a couple of pics in the meantime.

Fussed over a couple of different skimmers. Ended up with the Vertex over the Aquamaxx.
162495861.eJdp8n9r.jpg

DIY sump and rails. Allows me to slide the sump out as needed for servicing. A couple of Eheim 150w heaters with mag clips and an Eheim 2000+ compact rounds it out.
162496082.jpg

She's up and running as of this morning.

tank_033016.jpg
1619191542323.png

Pretty much barebones at the moment. Will be adding the additional equipment over the next couple of days prior to fishless cycling with Dr. Tim's.
underneathtank_032916.jpg
1619191556278.png

The sump slides out fine filled with water. ;)

Last edited:
Already made the changes and haven't bothered with posting a new picture up. Actually pulled both Eheims there and replaced with a Finnex heater instead into compartment 1 of the sump. The Finnex is much shorter than the Eheim and takes up less space.

What's up for today?
  1. Apex Aquacontroller - update firmware as needed (Fusion); to be installed later
  2. Tunze Osmolator 3155 ATO - locate, clean, and installed into compartment 3 of sump

What a great setup, love the slide out sump as well. Can't wait to see this tank in action!

Thanks!

Updates for today:
  1. Apex Aquacontroller - firmware updated to 4.40 and updated for Fusion. Gonna take a closer look at this later.
  2. Tunze Osmolator 3152 ATO - Haven't bothered with digging the 3155 out from storage, but I have a couple of 3152 sitting around so putting one into commission. I'll switch it out for the 3155 when I get around to rummaging for it.
  3. MP10w ES - 2x currently running at 40% on random for the past couple of days.
Next up:
  1. Lighting - both Vegas are currently on Fiji programming at 50% on all channels. Pretty pleasing to the eye with barely any hints of blue. I'll reevaluate this as needed.
  2. Aquacontroller installation - Just need to figure out where I want to mount the pieces of it (considering panel still) as well figure out what I want plugged into the EB8.
  3. Electricals - need to tidy up the cords and run them as needed.
  4. Stand lights - need to attach the LED rope light and see if it's actually needed. Tank is at work and I'm usually not around for when I need it (w/out the overhead lights in the office turned on)
  5. Cycling - Dr. Tim's ammonia and bacteria arrives tomorrow!

Bulkreefsupply has it in a bunch of different colors.

Just gotta pay for shipping and wait.

Oh and its not weird. My next tank upgrade is gonna have some weird colored pvc.

Super nice set up! Any plans for coral? LPS Dominant? SPS dominant?

Mixed reef for sure similar to other tanks I've set up in the past. I'm drawn to too many corals. There are specific sps (red dragon, oregon tort, mr. pacman, icefire echinata, etc.), lps (frogspawn, aussie elegance, acans), and other corals that I'm gonna add to the tank. The SPS won't be added for awhile until the tank stabilizes and matures a bit, so it'll most likely be some lps and some soft corals in the meantime.

Is it weird that I'm most drawn to the red pvc pipe? Where do you get that pipe?
Bulkreefsupply has it in a bunch of different colors.

Just gotta pay for shipping and wait.

Oh and its not weird. My next tank upgrade is gonna have some weird colored pvc.

Yep, BRS!

Back