Jestersix

Celebration of Felicia's Predator Reef!

Congrats!
The video is really nice, and it's awesome how well the selection of fish is working out!
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Once I settled on going the dwarf lionfish path, the fish selection has really just worked out. I'm amazed how well all the fish get along and that I have no territory or aggression issues whatsoever. Its just really reached a very nice balance that I really enjoy :)

Thank you so much, everyone! :)

I had no idea you can build such amazing scape in the confine of a 40B. Congrats
Thank you! The 40B actually has a really nice footprint for aquascaping. 3 feet is a good amount of length to work with and then the 18" of depth is enough to get some depth into your scape.

When you began growing it out did you feed the corals? Is there a reason you don't?
I have fed the corals with Coral Frenzy and BRS Reef Chili sporadically in the past, but not with any consistency or very often. Honestly, I mostly don't feed because I'm lazy. I see good growth without feeding, so there isn't much motivation to feed. Also, the whole point with this system was to make it much easier to maintain since I've been really busy lately, so having to feed regularly sort of contradicts that.

where did you get the fiji yellow leather? the clamas are looking good - I think you need more. Tanks looks great.
Thank you! I ended up ordering the yellow fiji leather from Vivid Aquariums since I couldn't locate one locally. I was really happy with that shipment, and the nice thing is that Vivid now has $15 shipping in the state of Ca. The clams are growing like crazy! I wish I could have more, but I am so out of space. Someday when I upgrade I want a full set of the different species of tridacna clams, so I'll need a maxima and a crocea :)

Thank you! I ended up ordering the yellow fiji leather from Vivid Aquariums since I couldn't locate one locally. I was really happy with that shipment, and the nice thing is that Vivid now has $15 shipping in the state of Ca. The clams are growing like crazy! I wish I could have more, but I am so out of space. Someday when I upgrade I want a full set of the different species of tridacna clams, so I'll need a maxima and a crocea :)

Gigis and Hippo too - I used to have all 6 that were available. in my 120

Along with your doctorate, this must be icing on the cake. Congratulations on both. You forgot to put the BAR logo on the front of your tank. :)
Definitely! I'm super busy trying to finish writing my dissertation right now, so it's nice that this tank is just on autopilot doing so well! Means I can focus on finishing up instead of worrying about the tank. I'm just happy they're both going so well! :) Thank you!!! Haha, yeah I'll have to get a BAR logo in there next time ;)

Ok, so I had a ton of photos that I took with the video clips for the Marine Depot video and a bunch of them didn't get used, so I figured I'd share some of those!

Fun angled FTS from March 12, 2016
IMG_2630 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Left side
IMG_2335 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Center
IMG_2343 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Right side
IMG_2349 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

I also took some photos of the sump and equipment. A few of these got used in the video, but I wanted to share them again since I don't photograph the sump often. Its dirty, but oh well! I wanted people to be able to see how my system is set up.

IMG_2210 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2217 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2223 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2220 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2226 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Ok, now for some coral shots!

Tyree neon green toadstools.
IMG_2308 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2363 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Gorgonians
IMG_2310 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2298 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Yellow Fiji leather
IMG_2295 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Green nepthea
IMG_2291 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

The giant squamosa is doing wonderfully and still growing!
IMG_2302 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2355 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

And how about a few top down shots?

The duncan colony is getting huge!
IMG_2564 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

BTA island
IMG_2565 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

All three clams are doing great!
IMG_2567 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Ok, now its time for some photos of the fish!

First off, the clownfish.
IMG_2325 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2552 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2537 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

And finally a halfway decent photo of the tomini tang! She's always moving too much
smile.png

IMG_2429 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Falkor was being a ham as usual.
IMG_2359 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2477 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Mushu was out front demanding food. He was all like, look lady, you've been near the tank for like the last hour taking photos. Get us some food, NOW!
IMG_2912 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2890 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2868 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2486 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Of course Draco was striking a pose as always!
IMG_2387 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2497 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

The antennata even decided to come out and have her photo taken
smile.png

IMG_2733 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2784 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2753 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2798 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Drumroll please! And for the grand finale....

Draco and the Antennata were posing together for some awesome shots!

IMG_2677 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2688 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2844 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

IMG_2854 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Back