Our mission

4/23 Neptune Aquatics does damage to enderturtle's wallet! [nano fishies/zoas]

So after the jestersix meeting Jill and I did the bay area gauntlet of reef stores.

Aquatic Collection, Cali Reef Co, and then Neptune Aquatics.

The critter system is up and running at neptune aquatics!!! And Robert is literally the only store that carries the nano fish Ive been looking for!

image.jpg

I went home with
  • Green Banded Goby
  • Trimma Spotted Goby
  • Green Clown Goby
  • 4-6 polyps of Mandarin Zoas for 35$!!! (More like 4 polyps cuz two are a lil damaged but awesome grab either way :))
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very excited about my purchases :)

Ive got to get down and Neptunes. Always loved going there. After the meeting I hit AC ( dangerous to have a store less than 5 minutes away ) no corals yet but did grab some fish

I was also there yesterday and had a hard time not emptying my wallet. I almost picked up a green bar goby as well, ended up with a velvet gumdrop goby instead along with a sexy shrimp and some SPS and an amazing coloured lobo.

The Panda goby was cute but too small for me not to lose it in the tank!

Dude that Panda Goby was ridiculous >_< It was hardly bigger then a grain of rice. I wasn't so much worried about losing it as about my clowns eating it.... I've seen amphipods bigger then that fish

As much as I love nano fish, I dread bringing them in because although they are small, they still cost just as much as the bigger fish. However, if I bring in a $2K shipment, I can at least see them. With nano fish, not so much...lol

@Geneva some of them are get bigger then others but they're all much smaller then a sand sifting goby (like max 3")
I've never heard of a sand sifting goby being aggressive towards any other fish but I haven't kept any or done a lot of research. I imagine that they're so small and look different enough that he wouldn't feel threatened.

I personally find the clown and gumdrop gobies really fun because they always look so grumpy and they just sit and glare at you all the time.

I picked up an Anemone shrimp from Neptune a few weeks ago. Tog there with some Sexy Shrimp. Would love 1 of those lobsters! Reef safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up an Anemone shrimp from Neptune a few weeks ago. Tog there with some Sexy Shrimp. Would love 1 of those lobsters! Reef safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take that back, Robert is officially a Baller :)

Crinoid Squat Lobsters are reef safe. They are rather clumsy and should to be hand fed (I feed mine twice a day).

Oh...that's what they are. I've seen them several times in the past but didn't think much of them. I'll try to get some in very soon. I think I do have some anemone Pedersen shrimp in the shop though.

I think I also have some Bimaculatus blenny in stock from last week also.

Oh...that's what they are. I've seen them several times in the past but didn't think much of them. I'll try to get some in very soon. I think I do have some anemone Pedersen shrimp in the shop though.

Hey Robert,

Just put my name on a pair of those Pedersons and I'll be down this Saturday (seriously).

Ralph.

Back