got ethical husbandry?

Neptune has a Big Announcement Today @ 4:30 PST

Yes but neither AI or Ecotech or any of the other companies use it so what is the difference between using something like zigbee vs doing their own api?

For those of you with the Apex, hopefully you don't get pushed to the wayside, I was pissed when the owner of Neptune convinced me to buy an AC3 6 months before the Apex was announced, now the AC3 is completely abandoned as far as any sort of support goes.

Current monitoring? Hasn't every controlled promised that when they made their announcement? :D

Recap:

New "Brain"
Wifi built in (still have wired connection)
Salinity monitoring built in
Backward compatible with older apex modules
New standard for other vendor to make apex compatible devices

New energy bar
Built in 100w 24v power supply to power accessories ports, reduce amount of power adapter, drive ATO pump directly
Current sensing on each port to watch energy usage / trigger on event (pump failure)
Status light on each port
NOT compatible with old apex

New display
Display will not come in default package, $25 cheaper

Price is $799
Early June availability

COR is put on back burner to prioritize new Apex

Last edited:
Honestly, the only thing that is of interest to me is the EB832.

But even then, it just incorporates the 1link module (which I already have) n adds 2 24v switched outlets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it looks cool. It will be a cool helpful tool for hobbyists all over the country. If my apex died or if I quit and returned, I would buy this new Apex.

Cmon Fishbit don't delay too long. You're about to get crushed by the hype unless you really have something innovative.

I think it looks cool. It will be a cool helpful tool for hobbyists all over the country. If my apex died or if I quit and returned, I would buy this new Apex.

Cmon Fishbit don't delay too long. You're about to get crushed by the hype unless you really have something innovative.

I think Fishbit need to get their price point much lower if they want a viable chance to compete. Neptune has a long track record in a market where reliability is king.

So heres another example where my apex saved my butt.

I just set up my dosing pump again. I turned off my return pump, water level rose in my sump. The alkalinity and calcium sitting in my dosing pump started draining into the sump. My apex caught the localized pH spike and started beeping and sent me a text message.

Last winter my heater didnt keep up and the Apex sent me a text message saying yoooooo your tank is at 75 degrees. Another half hour later another text message saying yoooo broooo your tank is 74 degrees.

Apex programming can save your tank from a major disaster.

Doing an intense water change? Program feed mode to turn off power heads, skimmer, pumps, and heaters so you can drain the sump so you can conveniently turn off these equipment with one press of a button.

How often do you forget to unplug a heater when doing water changes?

All this from a non-technical guy who made his tank as simple as possible with consideration towards convenience and functionality. Im not one of those guys that like their equipment more than their aquarium.

lol, a few Apex classics popping up on classifieds. I'm sure there will be more in the coming weeks. Many of these are brand new units so this might be a good time to get 1 if you don't need to have the latest n greatest.

lol, a few Apex classics popping up on classifieds. I'm sure there will be more in the coming weeks. Many of these are brand new units so this might be a good time to get 1 if you don't need to have the latest n greatest.

Or you can get your 4th, 5th and 6th

Back