Jestersix

Leemar Starphire 290

Your clown fish is like a beast. How is the blue chromis working out for you? I'm thinking about doing a school (5 ish) of them.

Lol! Yes, she is a beast for sure. She draws blood when she bites. Although we work pretty well together if I'm paying attention. I have broken lots of SPS when she bites, and scares me. Makes me flinch and break stuff. Ha! She is turning 15 in a few months. [emoji106]

I love the chromis. They are easy, chill and offer a lot of movement. They don't seem to bother anyone.

I finally bought a top down "porthole" for my camera from Avast Marine. http://www.avastmarine.com/products/top-down-port-xl
I just got it today, and decided to give it a try. I got the "extra long" version, because I wanted it to fit my giant Macro lense. However it seems like for my normal lenses, it is a bit long. I may invest in the shorter version as well. Anyway, I took some pics with my normal 35mm lense today and they came out ok. I am excited to experiment with lenses and see what happens. Here are today's efforts. I decided not to mess with the photo's, so no cropping and no messing with color. You can see on some of them, the edge from the round tube. This 35mm lense was fully zoomed in order to eliminate most of the edge.

This is a top down shot of the A. Vilada that I got from JAR a few years ago. It FINALLY captured the magnificent color of this coral. It's INSANELY BLUE! The second is the side shot of the same coral.

This is a Red Planet that I got from Neuro. This came as a pretty decent size piece, but it seemed to have a natural center, so I broke it in two and placed them in two different spots in the tank. This first one is getting more indirect light from a kessil 360 wide, and some side light from a 360narrow. The second is the SAME coral, only directly under a 360 narrow. Both are at the same depth in the tank. CRAZY color difference. Just fun to compare.

Tortuosa corals....
Cali Tort

Miyagi Tort

Green Tort

unknown Tort

Rasberry Lemonade (from Jim "Gimmito") Thought it was lost in the tank crash. Cut it off the rock, but a very tiny piece remained, and regrew to this.

Pocillipora (from Arnold "Apon")

Green Stag over Orange Digi

Perhaps my favorite coral I have ever had. Green Tenius.......lost my large colony with the tank crash. Recovered from Neuro, who still had a piece. Thanks Alfred!

Ponope Birdsnest

Lamplighter acro

Forestfire digi (from Bob "tankguy") starting to take off.

Red Tabeling Acro (from Mike "coralreefer")

Btw, I have a proven pair of Grade A Picasso's that I need to rehome. Would you be interested in a trade for frags?

Oh man, I would love to, but I have a 14.5 year old Maroon that would be the winner of that bout. :( You are welcome to frags though. I might have corals that I'm not ready to frag, but I am happy to frag most of them. If you have your eye on anything particular, just PM me and I am sure I can hook you up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man wish I knew you were interested in a port hole camera I have one i never use that's probably that size (grey though, but hey it wasn't DIY unlike most of my crap!) :D

Man wish I knew you were interested in a port hole camera I have one i never use that's probably that size (grey though, but hey it wasn't DIY unlike most of my crap!) :D

Lol! I have thought about it many times, just never pulled the trigger. I am sure somebody would be interested in it. Great way to check out the tank. Even if you just look through it.

Back