Jestersix

DBTC - Red Table

I'm going to hold the line for now until it grows out a little more. Hopefully someone else can grow this one out faster than I can. I like to see this one going around. I will repost when I have more available.

Update on the frag I got. It's coloring up nicely and seems to be getting a deeper red color and encrusting on the rock with good polyp extension. No sign of any green on the base yet though like your images show.

Day_157_Red_Table_Acro_Growth.jpg

Taken under Radion G4 XR15w Pro G4 @ 10,000K

Looking good, you can see the frag is starting to puddle on the rock. I notice the green base usually comes out with lower lighting. Your frag is coloring up nicely.

Update on the frag I got. It's coloring up nicely and seems to be getting a deeper red color and encrusting on the rock with good polyp extension. No sign of any green on the base yet though like your images show.

Way to go Randy, that is definitely some nice color that you got there.
Although it does show the advantageous nature of taking pictures from the top versus the side. I used to take a crap ton of top down photos with my camera box, and yeah it made the corals in my tank look way better than how I saw them from the side :D Although your side one doesn't look bad either, it just looks different.

Not getting much "vertical growth," but my encrusting puddle has grown quite a bit and showing a good number of new polyps over the past month.

Day_0182_Red_Table_Acro_Growth.jpg

I'll have to grab a pic of mine. Had 2 frags but lost one. Mine is very incrusting and starting to branch out. Certainly not a deep red.

Just moved my SPS into an SPS-only tank (cycled for 1 month and then plumbed to my main system). SPS frags (Green Slimer, Sunset Monti, etc) from Prez Mike doing well, and I need some red. I'd like to get in line also for a frag.

Not getting much "vertical growth," but my encrusting puddle has grown quite a bit and showing a good number of new polyps over the past month.

Day_0182_Red_Table_Acro_Growth.jpg

Getting lazy and just used my iPhone for a quick picture, but thought I'd post an update. It's finally going vertical! I see 3 or 4 small nubs forming off the encrusted puddle. I had a small hiccup with some of my water parameters a couple months ago and might have slowed down growth a little, but all seems well again.

e48ba2fc6284c1b29498b2c9ca85db96.jpg

Getting lazy and just used my iPhone for a quick picture, but thought I'd post an update. It's finally going vertical! I see 3 or 4 small nubs forming off the encrusted puddle. I had a small hiccup with some of my water parameters a couple months ago and might have slowed down growth a little, but all seems well again.

The colors are amazing. Mine has very little green mostly red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had some funk going in my tank and had some issues with acros in my tank a few months back. This piece lost a lot of the red, but tank looks to be back on track. Piece is growing well again and the color is coming back. I should be able to give out a frag soon, or if someone wants a tiny frag that's a possibility.

863224aa7952fc0dd6d59b46e4de3132.jpg

Back