High Tide Aquatics

not quite a journal yet...

my goal is turn my 29G into a ~60-75G. I want to make an RTBA tank for my two clowns. i have a buddy who took down his tank a while back and was doing some spring cleaning, so here is what I scored gratis:

MP40
2xVega LEDs
RKL controller with 2xpower strips
Bubble Magus dosers (3 port)
Refugium LED

Super excited as this is a huge chunk of what I would need to pay for. I still need tank,stand, sump, pump, skimmer, and heater. I am trying to do this on the cheap, so keeping an eye on craigs list. The plumper is installing a water line into the garage next week so I can setup my RO/DI near the tank.

How about an Elos 70? No sump though.
my goal is turn my 29G into a ~60-75G. I want to make an RTBA tank for my two clowns. i have a buddy who took down his tank a while back and was doing some spring cleaning, so here is what I scored gratis:

MP40
2xVega LEDs
RKL controller with 2xpower strips
Bubble Magus dosers (3 port)
Refugium LED

Super excited as this is a huge chunk of what I would need to pay for. I still need tank,stand, sump, pump, skimmer, and heater. I am trying to do this on the cheap, so keeping an eye on craigs list. The plumper is installing a water line into the garage next week so I can setup my RO/DI near the tank.
I can probably do that for you if the plumber flakes.

Just be aware that rbtas are not natural hosts for what I assume to be occellaris or percula clowns. So there is no guarantee they will take to it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTAs? In my experience, they take walkabouts the most and are the most likely to detach, get sucked into the ph and get turned into nem puree. And the tank into a stinking nem soup.

But give them the right conditions and they stay right there. Maybe moving an inch here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back