Neptune Aquatics

Snowflake eel - free to good home

A few weeks ago I adopted a snowflake moray from another reefer who was taking down their tank. (You may have seen my other thread)

Unfortunately the eel has stressed the other fish so much that I have lost a few fish and many of the remaining fish are suffering. It seems unlikely that a snowflake eel would directly attack other fish, their diet is mostly invertebrates, but his nocturnal prowling is preventing the other fish from resting. The best option seems to be to rehome him to a more suitable tank.

I am willing to transport to anywhere within ~60 miles of Berkeley.

Just release it into the wild. Just kidding.

Who took all her other fish? Could it go with them?

It's too bad she broke it down.

That was a bad ass tank.
It certainly was.

I played a small part in helping her take it down and was lucky enough to inherit her tomini tang and a few completely encrusted rocks with some interesting inverts that I'll be DBTC'ing in the near future. Her clowns went to a well known east bay reefer (who can chime in if he likes ;)), and I'm pretty sure the lions went to one of our lfs'.

I had a snowflake many years ago, and as much as I liked it, there's no way he could have worked in my current setup... Cool critters, but I think you need to design a tank specifically with one in mind, to keep it and you happy.

Back