Cali Kid Corals

Sunrise Dottyback, well fed, still aggressive

Hi folks, I think our sunrise has outgrown our tank. We've had him for over 2 years. Even though he's really well fed, he still likes to pick on (kill) anything new that gets added.

Once he established his network of tunnels beneath the live rock, he seems to only appear during feeding. I'm considering options at this point.

Is there anything else I can do besides:
  1. Keeping him really well fed (already tried), or
  2. Re-arranging the whole tank to 'reset' all the inhabitants' homes?
Might need to re-home the sunrise dotty shortly..

Ok I can host him in my frag tank, if you can't host it anymore. But I will need to plan a trip down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost randall's pistol shrimp to him already, possibly a cleaner shrimp after its monthly molt. Was perfectly healthy, then a molt and it disappeared. I've never witnessed him picking at corals, but I have my suspicions, especially if he's the type to pick food out of a coral's mouth.

If it comes down to it, I'll likely just pull all the rocks into a large container and use a large net to catch.

Considering putting him up for sale or bringing him to a LFS for some credit. Bummed out, we even named him Leonard when we got him ~3 years ago. I think I need another 12-24 hrs to think about it.

Back