got ethical husbandry?

Harrys frags

Not familiar with him. What are you looking for? Something specific? Can't remember what I gave you guys last time, but I maybe help here.

Our tank has a lot of purple and brown and was trying to add some color. This was my preliminary list. They don't seem that pricey? If you get 5 shipping is free!! That saves me $40 right off the top.
Pink Lace Bird's Nest - $15,
Ponape Bird Nest $25,
Garrett's tenuis - $40,
Greenpeace Acropora millepora - $25,
Limelite Green Slimer - $30,
Firestone Chalice - $20,
Rocket City Red Chalice - $15,
Oregon Tort - $80

Pretty sure people in the club will have all of those or else something very similar. I've got a few corals for you if you guys wanna drop by

Pretty sure people in the club will have all of those or else something very similar. I've got a few corals for you if you guys wanna drop by
That's very generous of you Mike! and the members of the club are and have been most generous!!! I was just web surfin and came across the frag site and thought I might actually buy a couple of frags. They don't seem that expensive when they offer free shipping. The one coral I am having trouble finding are Gorgonians

Pricey for that list. You're actually better off just dropping $10-20 a frag over at Neptune, AC, or another one of our sponsors and come out with the same caliber or higher. Neptune even has some torts, which looks like the Oregon one in their tank. I'd ask them to verify though if you're gonna pick it up.

Also, you might want to keep an eye on RC since there are sellers there such as UTC which have really low price frags for what you get even with shipping thrown in. Here's his last post in the FS section:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2641761

For gorgonians, you can check here.

https://www.kpaquatics.com/product-category/corals/gorgonians-octocorals/

Make sure you read up on them and their care since they're not all photosynthetic. Even the non-photosynthetic have varying degrees of difficulty due to particle size that they're able to consume.

If you want to buy coral online, and willing to spend time bidding. We had a lot of success buying from AquaSD. You can get good frag ~$10 and pay shipping only once for all your winnings. Weekly auction end Thursday 5-9PM. Pics/colors are legit.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/aqua-sd/m.html

If you didn't win "enough" on Thursday, you can also participate in the weekend forum sale and combine that into the shipping. Here is a sample of last week sale

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/7...s-insane-new-update-and-sale-saturday.314859/

They are super responsive to email if you have any question about a particular frag

As with anything foreign and especially with anything online, make sure you're on top of your inspection and dipping (basically dip and inspect everything).

I bring this up as I've encountered acro eating spiders from AquaSD and acro eating flatworms from CRC recently.

Thanks for the links! We ended up ordering a handful of Gorgonians from KP Aquatics:
Corky Sea Finger
Purple Feather Gorgonian
Purple Plume Gorgonian
Spiny Orange Gorgonian
Purple Sea Rod
Angular Sea Whip - Purple
Knobby Sea Rod

Our tank has a lot of purple and brown and was trying to add some color. This was my preliminary list. They don't seem that pricey? If you get 5 shipping is free!! That saves me $40 right off the top.
Pink Lace Bird's Nest - $15,
Ponape Bird Nest $25,
Garrett's tenuis - $40,
Greenpeace Acropora millepora - $25,
Limelite Green Slimer - $30,
Firestone Chalice - $20,
Rocket City Red Chalice - $15,
Oregon Tort - $80
I have regular old green slimer and a red chalice and red planet if you want.

Tyree Ponape birdsnest. You're welcomed to this piece if you're interested.

upload_2017-7-20_10-59-40.png

Hey Eric,
Are you sure you want to part with it? - it's a "Tyree" If yes, we would be thrilled to have it. How much$ Just have to figure out a time to make it down there.

It's a confirmed Tyree piece that I got from a buddy awhile back to see if the tank was ready for SPS. It's been sitting on my sandbed for months and gets knocked over all the time. I rather it go to a good home. It's not worth much by today's standards, like $30ish when I see them for sale, so I'm not sure if it's worth the drive, unless you were down in the southbay checking out the frags at Neptune. I'll be bringing it to the frag swap in September otherwise.

We would be grateful to have it though I think you are right about making a special trip for it. I don't see us making it down to Neptunes in the near future. So I'd say you should bring it to the swap meet and parlay it into something you like.
Thanks, Mark

Back