got ethical husbandry?

[Aug 5, 2017] Silicon Valley Coral Farmers Market (Saratoga, CA)

Not sure if we need a schedule to make sure that someone is always at the BAR table? I'm happy to "man" it mid-afternoon....say from 2-3p?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not gonna make it to this one either. No space really for anything that isn't a must have that I can't locate later if needed.

The frag swap is gonna be similar. Gonna bring more to that than I take home as usual, but might not even take anything home with me this time around.
That's a great excuse for setting up another tank!

Not sure if we need a schedule to make sure that someone is always at the BAR table? I'm happy to "man" it mid-afternoon....say from 2-3p?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We do need people to man the table. If we do 2 hr segments then we only need three people. Manning the table is super easy. Just wear your bars shirt (if you have one) and schmooze with people. If people ask about the club you can direct them to the web site. I can take the first shift from 11:00-1:00. @Wlachnit do you mind doing from 1:00-3:00? Is there anyone that can do from 3:00-5:00? I think the raffle is going on around 3:00 so if you're going you might want to be around for that.

Manning the table was fairly straight forward at the last one, a few people asked questions about BAR, but the vast majority just wanted to know what raffle prizes were available. So when you get there try to get up to date on those (usually it's not that difficult) and then try to sell people the idea of using their raffle tickets (buyable from the ticket guy) for the stuff the club has on the table. Make sure someone is there at the very end, last time they gave the money to the club (which I still have ... technically)

Basically if you're going to be a wall flower, then you're not needed at the table, you're not guarding anything, you need to be able shoot the shit with people who are looking at what to waste raffle ticket chances on.

So far we have 3 raffle items that have been donated on our behalf. A single box of Fritz salt, a double box, and an ICP test.

@Coral reefer is right though, a big part of being at the table will be directing them to the coral swap. People at the cfm will be prime candidates for the swap. I'm still getting flyers ready but should have them to be passed out at the cfm table.

I obtained this info from West Valley College. Always good to know what it costs to park.

One Day Visitor or Daily Parking Permit

• Daily permits are $3.00 per day and valid on the date purchased only.

One day "Daily" parking permits may be purchased at any of the daily permit dispensers located in the parking lots. Daily permits are $3.00 per day. Daily permits must be displayed on the front dashboard and the expiration date must be visible from the outside of vehicle.

All dispensers will accept one dollar bills, dimes, nickels, quarters. At Mission College all daily permit dispensers will accept credit cards. At West Valley College daily permit dispensers in parking lots 2, 4, 5, 7, and Tennis Courts will accept credit cards. Once purchased, daily permits may be used in any student parking stall on campus.

One Day (Daily) Permit Kiosks (Yellow machines) are available:

- At West Valley College: in all parking Lots.

I obtained this info from West Valley College. Always good to know what it costs to park.

One Day Visitor or Daily Parking Permit

• Daily permits are $3.00 per day and valid on the date purchased only.

One day "Daily" parking permits may be purchased at any of the daily permit dispensers located in the parking lots. Daily permits are $3.00 per day. Daily permits must be displayed on the front dashboard and the expiration date must be visible from the outside of vehicle.

All dispensers will accept one dollar bills, dimes, nickels, quarters. At Mission College all daily permit dispensers will accept credit cards. At West Valley College daily permit dispensers in parking lots 2, 4, 5, 7, and Tennis Courts will accept credit cards. Once purchased, daily permits may be used in any student parking stall on campus.

One Day (Daily) Permit Kiosks (Yellow machines) are available:

- At West Valley College: in all parking Lots.

From http://www.coralfarmersmarket.com/cfmprotour_siliconvalley_2017_summer.htm

"Parking will be free for attendees and vendors on Saturday from 6 AM until 7 PM. Use only West Valley College Parking Lot #5 (see sat image)."

wvcsatellite_parkinglot5.jpg

This will be our first CFM. How are frag prices? Coral Reefer turned us on to a frag of "Jack o Lantern" (leptoseris) that we really like so we are going to be looking to add another variety, along with a Stylo and possibly a Platy and Peter has to get a clam. See you all there.
Cheers!

Stylo, the purple one grow easily, there are always some at the swap, don't buy them. The red stylo, I have a frag that hasn't budged in 3 months, not sure what's the deal.

This will be our first CFM. How are frag prices? Coral Reefer turned us on to a frag of "Jack o Lantern" (leptoseris) that we really like so we are going to be looking to add another variety, along with a Stylo and possibly a Platy and Peter has to get a clam. See you all there.
Cheers!

You have some of the big names here like WWC, House of Sticks, and others, so expect that there will be some crazy insane prices....Like $2000 shrooms from the last CFM. There are others that are reasonably priced and some that are downright cheap. I remember seeing some large 6"+ maxima clams going for $100.

One thing I will suggest is don't be afraid to negotiate, especially of buying multiple frags.

Back