Reef nutrition

For users of the Hanna Calcium checker

If you ever hated doing that 0.1ml tank water dose. Hanna released a pipettor to dispense that 0.1ml accurately.

http://hannainst.com/graduated-pipette-100-l-hi731339p.html

I found out about when I was at Neptune Aquatics last week and noticed that the case for the Calcium checker got really big. Saw the pipettor in there and went looking for the part number. Ordered it and just used it. Definitely makes it easier.

I also went ahead and ordered a 1-10ml adjustable pipettor from Amazon. So now no more squinting at tiny graduated lines on a small syringe!

If you ever hated doing that 0.1ml tank water dose. Hanna released a pipettor to dispense that 0.1ml accurately.

I found out about when I was at Neptune Aquatics last week and noticed that the case for the Calcium checker got really big. Saw the pipettor in there and went looking for the part number. Ordered it and just used it. Definitely makes it easier.

I also went ahead and ordered a 1-10ml adjustable pipettor from Amazon. So now no more squinting at tiny graduated lines on a small syringe!
Does Neptune aquatic sells Hanna test kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How accurate is the calcium test from Hanna? Has anyone done a comparison with other kits?
I remember brs doing a video on this I think. I think it said results were equally as accurate as the others as well as the complexity of their procedure. The video made it seem as though it was pretty much equal in all regards so I stuck with what I had and waited to run out of reagent before switching over.

I remember brs doing a video on this I think. I think it said results were equally as accurate as the others as well as the complexity of their procedure. The video made it seem as though it was pretty much equal in all regards so I stuck with what I had and waited to run out of reagent before switching over.

Is the Calc checker procedure different than the Alk procedure (which takes 30 seonds or so?)

I did the same thing...I have two pipettors, one for 0.1- 1.0 ml and the other 1-10 ml. I even got tired of filling up the vial to the 10 ml line.:p

No calls or emails lol. You can email them but they won't reply [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's not nice...lol. I reply to legit questions. Not price shopping questions. I stopped answering those a long time ago. Come on in and I'll give you a price and give you all the help you need.

Back