Reef nutrition

BARs Regional Frag Swap Official Rules and Info

They do know what our swaps are like right? Where people happily (or not so happily) give away corals to be picked by everyone for free, maybe they're confused with how frag swaps work in many other places where it's literally like a swap meet in that corals get traded for money. Would suck to have them call all the way out from Utah only to be disappointed in the vast majority of people not buying corals.

He said he will already be in Sacramento that week visiting family, so he thought it would work nicely...

Probably a good idea to warn him though, that ppl don't buy a lot at this swap.

Good job BOD. I'd suggest updating the bonus coral list and setting a limit. At the members only swap, some of the list didn't deserve to be considered bonus. Ex: Rastas/Chili pepper monti shouldn't qualify regardless of polyp count.

I think the MARS group had a pretty legit list floating around.

Let's see some raffle incentives :)

Good job BOD. I'd suggest updating the bonus coral list and setting a limit. At the members only swap, some of the list didn't deserve to be considered bonus. Ex: Rastas/Chili pepper monti shouldn't qualify regardless of polyp count.

I think the MARS group had a pretty legit list floating around.

Let's see some raffle incentives :)
Yep, the list is currently being revised.

Awesome.. I think I might be able to make it!! Just. Question, i don't have anything to swap for now, will members be selling corals too or just the vendors? The registry fee is only for those that are swapping or everybody?

Just a couple question... first time on these events... [emoji16][emoji16][emoji19][emoji37]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Just realized Im not gonna be able to attend the swap gotta work. FYI Bay bridge will be shut down around 11 for demo work delay may occur.

Awesome.. I think I might be able to make it!! Just. Question, i don't have anything to swap for now, will members be selling corals too or just the vendors? The registry fee is only for those that are swapping or everybody?

Just a couple question... first time on these events... [emoji16][emoji16][emoji19][emoji37]

In the past some of the vendors have sold frag packs at the event but you may just want to stop at Neptune, CRC, or AC on your way and pick them up from there. Make sure to bring labels to write on the cups the information needed to swap them (user name, name/type of coral, lighting used).

Only those who are swapping need to pay. Spectators are free.

@enaldy - My son Peter would be happy to pay it forward and give you 3 frags that you can trade?

Is there a sign up for volunteers? Peter and I would be happy to help set-up, organize corals onto the tables, and help clean up.

Is there a sign up for volunteers? Peter and I would be happy to help set-up, organize corals onto the tables, and help clean up.
Hey Mark B, I will be happy to keep track of volunteers. I will keep a list going on this reply message and other members can send me their names.

Volunteers for Frag Swap
Mark B and Peter-setup, swap, and clean-up
Vhuang168-Frag table patrol
Wlachnit-laptop setup w/rounds and timers
Bruce Spiegelman
Apon-cleanup
2manyhobbies-setup/swap/clean-up plus registration check-in.

Last edited:
Back