Neptune Aquatics

Wave maker?

I have 1 extra wetside that I clean. Swap out 1 side. 3 months later swap out other side. The dirty one then gets cleaned and swapped out with the original side 3 months later. Rinse repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 1 extra wetside that I clean. Swap out 1 side. 3 months later swap out other side. The dirty one then gets cleaned and swapped out with the original side 3 months later. Rinse repeat.

This is probably the main reason why I havent switched to gyre yet. Having 2 extra wetsides makes it super easy to clean and maintain.

This is probably the main reason why I havent switched to gyre yet. Having 2 extra wetsides makes it super easy to clean and maintain.

Same reason I haven't tried Gyre's on my 120. I actually clean my wetsides every two weeks when I do a big cleaning and water change. It's so easy sine you don't have to unplug and then rerun cords, etc to put back. However, I got an incredible deal on the two gyres for this tank so I'll give them a try.

Hundreds of companies around the world makes similar pumps, all made in china, all using cheap labor. It all looks alike, can be made on the same plant by same people.
Even if two products were the same, quality and ethics practices can be a big cost differentiator. The company that ships all of its wares knowing some are likely to fail or arrive DOA will be much cheaper than the company that actually spends money on quality control practices to prevent shipping parts that have a high risk of failure.

It's up to the consumer to decide whether to gamble on a critical piece of equipment to save an amount of money that is probably trivial compared to the hours of effort they will put into their tanks.

I have totally given up on Maxijet. Their pumps were great in the 90s, so I kept buying them in the 2010s until 3 failed in a row either before or just after the warranty. And, oh yes any of those generic pumps that come with Innovative Marine aquariums or skimmers will not work longer than a year. On the other hand, I've never had an issue with Sicce... except for the price!

I, and some other folks here, won't use Jebao's for a couple of other reasons. First, they're some pretty good reports that at least some leach iron from their fittings. There was one excellent article published about this. Second, it's the whole theft of patent's thing. They simply use stolen and copied technology and cheap labor/slash materials to make their product.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Back