Our mission

Water delivery ?

Hi everybody! great news I got my hands on a innovative marine 50 gallon tank. New from Neptune.now my question is if there a water delivery service that's reputableI can deliver me 50 gallons of water to my house either saltwater or premixed saltwater thanks please let me know!

Arvind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For just 50 gallons it would be much cheaper to just borrow some containers if you don't have them and then pick-up the water at Neptune's since they'e fairly close. If you need containers I think I'll be in Redwood City tomorrow (still not 100% on this) and, if so, can bring you enough for 50 gallons.

Thanks Bruce I will contact this person first to see what it is they can do but I will let you know.
Also, since the tank is new, I would like to use it to make the mix directly and warm it up with heater. I dont have my live sand yet. I still need to order online.
Shall I make the mix and add sand later, or sand first and then do the water mix?
Im guessing I should put the sand first, due to knowing the volume of water to fill?

Thanks Bruce I will contact this person first to see what it is they can do but I will let you know.
Also, since the tank is new, I would like to use it to make the mix directly and warm it up with heater. I dont have my live sand yet. I still need to order online.
Shall I make the mix and add sand later, or sand first and then do the water mix?
Im guessing I should put the sand first, due to knowing the volume of water to fill?

Since the tank has to cycle anyway I don't think knowing the exact fill level is necessary. You can probably get close enough. There's online calculators available to show displacement for sand and rock. Frankly I think it would be easier to just grab natural seawater at Neptunes than screw around with paying for RO delivery. I think it's a buck a gallon at Neptune's. If I don't hit Redwood City tomorrow and come later in the week though I can probably make 50 gallons of RO for you and meet in Redwood City. I can't do it in time for tomorrow though as I need to make another 50 gallons today for a water change.

Hi Bruce you are very generous! I forgot that Neptunes, have salwater already... that is true! Let me check around and I will get back to you!

Just curious, what is filtered seawater? How do they filter it? I thought the whole reason we buy seawater is to get every elements from seawater.

Just curious, what is filtered seawater? How do they filter it? I thought the whole reason we buy seawater is to get every elements from seawater.

Much the same way RO filters out sediments, etc they filter the sea water to pull out contaminants. I've talked to Bob about this (the guy that supplies many of the stores) and he supposedly gets it from as deep as he can (surface contaminants being worse) and then filters through a 9 step filter for all the bad stuff. It leaves clean salt water at the perfect salinity, alk, cacl, etc. I assume trace elements aren't filtered out since other necessary minerals aren't either.

I don't buy that. If it filters out contaminants then you probably lost a lot of trace with it.
Depends on the 9 stage filter.
If that is just a sequence of sediment filters, perhaps down to 1 micron, trace minerals should get through.
It cannot be full RODI, or it would not be salt water anymore.
But if it includes carbon, hard to say.

Much the same way RO filters out sediments, etc they filter the sea water to pull out contaminants. I've talked to Bob about this (the guy that supplies many of the stores) and he supposedly gets it from as deep as he can (surface contaminants being worse) and then filters through a 9 step filter for all the bad stuff. It leaves clean salt water at the perfect salinity, alk, cacl, etc. I assume trace elements aren't filtered out since other necessary minerals aren't either.
Hi Bruce well today I took a half a day of work went down to Neptune broke my back filling up 10 5 gallon containers came home and have the system filled up and running but thanks for your generous offer I appreciate that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back