Kessil

A day like today...

...in 1985 I woke up to the violent moving of the earth. Just came home and my wife has the news that an earthquake hit today Mexico City and for many people who lived that terrifying experience over three decades ago, brings back saddening memories...

Yikes! Did I hear right that there is also activity of Popocatépetl volcano? What an experience for you Mario. Take care - I know how powerful memories can be. Strange to have strong hurricanes and earthquakes at the same time

We have family in Mexico and their homes were damaged from the quake, hoping you and yours are safe through this tough time
we say, building can always be rebuilt...

So insane. I remember the bigger one we had in the bay area in 1989. I wasn't affected directly at all by it, but the population around the bay area definitely was.

We should all probably take some time to put together some emergency kits / go-bags, and tie all our furniture down.

I'm planning on putting a backpack together of everything I would need. Plus probably should save out a few 5 gallon jugs of RO water as well (easy to make since most of us have RO/DI systems). I've heard that to survive 3 days, each person should have access to 5 gallons of water. Something like that. I'd look it up.

I've got about 65g of RODI in the side yard and another 30 under the house. Might not have food (besides fish pellets) but I've got water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would eat nori and mysis before I eat my achilles. Now I'm imagining all the different ways to prepare mysis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackened!?!

I missed the Loma Preata by a few months. I did get to see the collapsed section of I80. Very scary to think that I could have been on it when it collapsed.

No -- blackened is an abomination by Chef Prudhomme that somehow convinced the country that blackened spices were Cajun staples. They are not. I prefer a good mix of true Cajun seasonings.

Back