Our mission

MP40wQD setting issue

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
soo..... i got this used mp40wQD but still looks new, and damn it's quiet, but only one problem, or im just stupid with this high-end stuff.

I want it to stay full speed in green constant mode, but often coming back after few hours noticing the speed went down into slower speed. is there something that i need to do and have it locked in full speed 24/7?

I did tried to reset it from possible master/slave mode, and that didn't help.

thanks.

I'm trying to imagine why you need an mp40 on full speed all the time. Anyway, it's probably overheating and slowing itself to cool off. Try to at least use night mode or you will probably have a short lifetime with this pump.

that makes sense.. because I have a 90g and used a pp20 at half speed, which really helped with water movement in the tank and eleminates dead spots in the tank as well.

I have run my MP40 up to 3/4 speed before and I wouldn't even recommend that. They do get very hot and you will lessen it's life span. If you want a high rate of flow, but want to keep the MP40 "safer" then run it in one of the variable reef modes. That way it's getting time to cool and will probably do better with dead spots anyway -- plus your corals will thank you. Also try moving the powerhead.

what do you mean by moving the powerhead?

It's possible you can lessen the deadspots in the aquarium by moving the powerhead. It can take a while to find the best spot. The big difference between the Jebao you were running (besides quality) and the MP40 is the size of the "beam" of water each puts off. The MP40 moves a lot of water even at 50% but it's in a much wider pattern than the very narrow flow of the Jebao. That's why the Jebao appears to be stronger. But a wider dispersion is better most of the time, but it may require a different placement.

Back