Our mission

RBTA transfer process?

I don't know everything either. Do RBTA have lethal pests? I don't know. Are there nudibranches that eat some anemones? Yes! (
&
).

What I do know is that anything wet has the potential to carry pests. If i'm willing to dip a zoa, a leather, a toadstool, or an acropora in Bayer to reduce risks of a pest, I see no reason why I wouldn't dip a nem as long as it won't kill the nem (again, I haven't proven this - my sample size is small - 5 or so nems). Again, for me and coral pests, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If I could safely dip snails...I would do that too! ;)
did anything fall off the 5 nems in the dip?

Okay, so question I gotta ask. The 5 nems that you dipped, did anything come off? if so, what? the only thing i can think of is brown flatworms? or planaria?

A few were dipped with corals, so I can't be sure what came off what. I dipped a maxi mini and 2 RFAs by themselves and as I recall nothing came off that I could see.

The only problem I have with dipping nems, esp bigger one like btas. Is that they take in quite a bit of water so it may take in all that Bayer dip. Then when you put it in the tank, it expels the Bayer laden water. Now you have Bayer in your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem I have with dipping nems, esp bigger one like btas. Is that they take in quite a bit of water so it may take in all that Bayer dip. Then when you put it in the tank, it expels the Bayer laden water. Now you have Bayer in your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a valid point; I can def see that being a problem. Same argument could probably be made for some softies like leathers and toadstools.

My process when dipping involves 10-12ml of Bayer per 8oz of tank water and let it soak for 5-10 min. I then remove nem/coral and place in fresh tank water for same amount of time it sat in bayer. I then soak a second time in fresh tank water. Then it's into the tank. I haven't seen a issue, but if I actually continue dipping nems (or even softies), I can definitely some benefit for more "wash cycles."

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks for the input. It has been interesting watching the discussion. The RBTA is in the tank and seems happy. It disappears under the rocks at night (you almost can't see it), but comes out when the lights start ramping up. As far as I can tell, the clowns haven't checked it out yet.

Thanks again Newjack, it is a welcome addition and adds some nice color and movement.

RBTA (002).jpg

Back