Our mission

The Money Pit (Bruce S. #2)

You definitely can put in a Bean Animal overflow in there, but you'd want some extra parts on the output side.

I'm not sure there is room. Looking at the left most pipe in the overflow, there doesn't seem to be much room.

Maybe if he used the left most and right most. Angled so they are against the wall. Leaving the center as the emergency.

Johnny Searcy was in the house!
IMG_5027.JPG
IMG_5030.JPG
IMG_5032.JPG

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe it looks bigger to me than it is. Why isn't there enough room for bean animal?
Yeah that's what I was thinking, the left pipe looks like more than enough room to get a U pipe in there, and presumably it's all symmetrical and the right side just looks smaller because it's taken at a slight angle.

That’s one heck of a fast cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Two weeks actually. Dr. Tim's + BioSpira + a dozen marine pure balls from my other tank + 3 cups of sand from other tank. Then used Ammonia Chloride to get everything growing. As to the Copperband believe me it wasn't planned to be my first fish, but I found one that voraciously eats and after giving it some thought realized it's not a bad idea to put him/her in first. He'll have some time to establish himself without having to compete for food with faster wrasses. So far so good -- while just slightly reclusive yesterday he did respond and eat food twice when available and hunted for more.

How did you find one that voraciously eats? I have lost 3 trying to get them to eat. I decided not to try again until I find a source of live worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you find one that voraciously eats? I have lost 3 trying to get them to eat. I decided not to try again until I find a source of live worms.

Pure luck. I was watching him being fed at Aquatic Collection. They had four or five them. Two were eating and the rest were not. This one was everywhere grabbing food. He's a little food addict. That doesn't guarantee survival as they can still be delicate, but I have hope!

Got mine from AC as well. They fed it when I asked and it ate all the mysis it could find. Bought it on the spot.

Hmm, I even bought one of those margined butterflies from Australia from AC, which ate frozen brine for me, but still only lasted 2 weeks. I'll keep my eyes open for voracious eating in the future.

Yep. That's hat made me pull the trigger. When you find one you better grab it.

It’s not only that it eats. It needs to be more aggressive. This current one chased all the other fish away.

I had 2 that were the 1st fish into the tank. They cruised the tank and hunted for pods and ate frozen. But when I started adding fish, they grew timid and eventually died from starvation.

This last one was introduced into the tank that already had a bunch of fish in it. Including a large Desjardini. I left it in an acclimation container for a week. Fed it from a pipette with thawed mysis. It would eat from the opening, not waiting for the mysis to get into the water.

After a week, I opened the door and observed it. When it swam out, the Desjardini immediately came over and flashed. This CB swam BACK into the box and sat there watching the Desjardini. This happened for a about a week. I would feed it if it was in the box but otherwise it ate outside.

Right now, it competes with the Desjardini for food even though it’s less than 1/2 the size. It actually eats from my hand if I hold frozen mysis in the water.

I find that CBBs want to peck at food, they have a hard time when the food is in the water column.

I put frozen food in a mesh pouch and it goes to town on it. Constantly pecking at the food and pulling bits out.

Back