Our mission

I'm moving

Ok, I've pretty much made up my mind (90%), that I will be selling off my livestock and doing a new tank build there in Colorado. There are a number of corals that I want to DBTC and get back for the new tank, but the majority of the corals and all the fish, and invertebrates will get sold. The rockwork (professionally done by @jestersix) will also be getting sold if anyone is interested in it. I'll get a list going soon enough with pricing. My Zebra Moray Eel is the only one that I'm a little concerned about re-homing. His husbandry needs are a bit different than the other fish, and he's probably my favorite fish. If possible I'd like to be able to take him with me. Does anyone have any ideas? Would anyone feel up to the task of temporarily housing him until I got the new tank set up?

I will be keeping all my gear so that I can use it in the new build, but the tank stand, and sump is being sold and is in negotiations right now. I'm also not in any particular rush to get the livestock sold. We are moving in December, but I'll still be around fixing up the house to get it ready to be rented or sold probably well into March.

Guess the only thing left is dibs on baby sitting the zebra eel :)
Be glad to help out if last resort.
How big?

I hope you find a good home for your fish, especially the Achilles. If I didn't already have one, I would be all over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're gonna keep your eel, you should keep your achilles too. Just transport back with you once your tank is all setup.

I would want to keep all of them if it made sense. I could see the new tank setup easily taking a year. I just wouldn’t want to burden someone that long. I think it’s already asking a lot for someone to “babysit” my eel. Besides, there seems to be a fair amount of interest in my Achilles. I don’t think it would be too hard to find him a good home. He’s probably going to be one of my easier fish to catch too. He eats from my hand so I figure I’ll feed him with one hand and net him with the other.

People would totally babysit your Achilles then give him back! My big tank is having an algae issue at the moment but when it's worked out I would be happy to host him for a year. Though I would probably opt for someone with more fish experience.

Myself and others would like to see you keep all of your fish together. I was thinking of setting up a 90 gal for the eel and you can add anything else to it if you can't find a temporary home for them. I think the Achilles would be very happy in Kensington's frag flat.

I have a cycled block of marine pure and 5 liters of siporax that I can donate to this new 90g tank. Instant cycle. It will be available in November once I move all my fish back into my DT.

Back