Cali Kid Corals

So the Neptune guy and Reef Builders...

What is the deal with Terence Fugazzi and his apparently battle with ReefBuilders? I mean I kind of feel that something has gone on in the past between maybe Neptune and Jake Adams but being the VP of Sales and Marketing it tends to look bad on the company as a whole for the apparent "stick in his ass" comments that he seems to make on many posts there. I totally get if someone is saying something about his product, but I'm noticing more and more of his comments, especially on Mike Paletta articles (maybe the beef is with him specifically?)

I just read the reefbuilders.com blog site occasionally, and definitely see some friction in the comments. He even says in one "I will forever keep posting on all these articles that push the false narrative of cost with statements like: "it actually has always been an expensive hobby, but now even more, the cost have gone over the top"" rather than just ignoring the blog because of.. whatever.. he in fact keeps posting. And in true Sales rep fashion he does chime in whenever there's a list of products and Neptune's is not mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking the "side" (if there even is one) of ReefBuilders, it just seems a bit odd behavior.

I've watched plenty of YouTube videos featuring Jake Adams. I can build quite the case for him to be the biggest douchebag in the Reefing world. And I know douchebags, I see one whenever I brush my teeth in the morning. Some examples are his treatment of Leng Sy @ Macna, his treatment of Scott Anderson @ MileHighReefers, his articles targeting specific reefers he has a personal axe to grind on, etc. etc. etc.

Hey guys. I'm here! Just wanted to give you the heads up that I have this personal issue for me with people (not just Mike Paletta) who say that the cost of the hobby is super expensive - more expensive than ever - and who bemoan the existence of online retailers. That is why I keep posting on those articles because Mike keeps stating things that are 100% false. Even our products, without even adjusting for inflation, are the same price they were 20 years ago! And they have so much more features. The same thing could be said for skimmers, test kits, etc. Adjust for inflation and this hobby has never been cheaper - by far!

As far as RB goes, there is a certain favorability you get when you a) Pay for advertising, and b) Give inside, pre-release info to them. We do not do either any longer (we stopped a. about 16 months ago). You can draw your own conclusions.

Not going to say much more here, but if any of you are in the Gilroy area, PM me on FB or elsewhere if you want to stop on by and see the tank. Who knows, I might even have a frag or two or some extra macro! hahaha.

Hey guys. I'm here! Just wanted to give you the heads up that I have this personal issue for me with people (not just Mike Paletta) who say that the cost of the hobby is super expensive - more expensive than ever - and who bemoan the existence of online retailers. That is why I keep posting on those articles because Mike keeps stating things that are 100% false. Even our products, without even adjusting for inflation, are the same price they were 20 years ago! And they have so much more features. The same thing could be said for skimmers, test kits, etc. Adjust for inflation and this hobby has never been cheaper - by far!

As far as RB goes, there is a certain favorability you get when you a) Pay for advertising, and b) Give inside, pre-release info to them. We do not do either any longer (we stopped a. about 16 months ago). You can draw your own conclusions.

Not going to say much more here, but if any of you are in the Gilroy area, PM me on FB or elsewhere if you want to stop on by and see the tank. Who knows, I might even have a frag or two or some extra macro! hahaha.
It’s short notice but I’ll be in Gilroy tomorrow finishing up a project.

Back