Reef nutrition

Ashburn’s not so frugal 90g

I don’t know that testing with a test kit will give very useful information. My ph can be any number of values even when tested at the same tim of day. I just look at the average from my probe.
980C4C88-B445-4A1A-9D67-95BFDE95AB9C.png

Also, I was behind on reading your thread. I just saw your post 3 pages ago where you did the light mount. Pretty cool. I think I would have gone at least 3/8” thick. That’s what frameless showers are made of.

@Flagg37 thanks for sharing your pH chart, looks like your pH never stayed above 8.2 mark? but looks like it's raising and keeping steady above 8 now, what did you do during that hike?

@Flagg37 thanks for sharing your pH chart, looks like your pH never stayed above 8.2 mark? but looks like it's raising and keeping steady above 8 now, what did you do during that hike?
We’ve had our windows closed with the fires. We just started opening things up again. My typical average is around 8.1.

I forgot to mention an update on my tank I did 2 weeks ago, so I got fed up with my heater's unreliable temperature control, and went ahead got this digital temp controller outlet from amazon

http://a.co/hp1P0j8

and hooked it up to 2 heater that's set at max, but will turn off when the controller reaches the max temperature, I can breath easier and without need to reach into my sump and change the heater temperature once in a while, and I can attach a fan on it if the tank gets too hot. best $35 spent.

You should set it a degree above your controller. Sonitbhas double failure Incase the controller fails you will still have redundant shutdown of the heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You should set it a degree above your controller. Sonitbhas double failure Incase the controller fails you will still have redundant shutdown of the heater.

Good idea, thanks

I think my coral band shrimp is a professional troller, every-time when it’s molting, I thought it’s dead.

Copperband in place!
a31edf4ce80cdd5e1341362e19dc21dc.jpg

Latest tank upgrade is this magnet been added to my stand door, where it used just lean on the stand. I don’t want the door to accidentally fall on my toddler. But damn those magnets are super strong, I had to use both hands to pull it open.
3db218e667f321bea9b7346d9a10fa8a.jpg

Oh that magnet is a good idea, though the strength of it seems like a good workout ;)

The copperband for aiptasia? Is that what you went to AC for?

Oh that magnet is a good idea, though the strength of it seems like a good workout ;)

The copperband for aiptasia? Is that what you went to AC for?

Yep, those aiptasia is getting on my nerves and my shrimps are no where to be seen.

Yep, those aiptasia is getting on my nerves and my shrimps are no where to be seen.

I saw one shrimp peek out of a rock last night.. that was the first I’ve seen any of my 3 shrimps since I picked them up from Mark. They really know how to hide.

Back