High Tide Aquatics

BRS Drew’s Dosing Pump 1.1ml & Apex

Hello. Do any of you use the BRS dosing pumps along with the Apex Controller? If so, can you help me with the programming? Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of online resources available that describe in detail the programming of a BRS doser with Apex:

For example:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?1815-BRS-dosing
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2090734

Perhaps it'd be better to let us know exactly what you're trying to do (dosing amount, frequency, etc.) and maybe show us what you have tried so far if it's not working the way you want.

So basically my Dkh is at 6.01 and i want to increase it by 0.3 dkh per day to reach a goal and maintain 7dkh. After calculating my tank volume on the reef calculator. It says I need to dose 20.1 ml per day to achieve the daily increase of 0.3 dkh. I was planning to dose equal amounts of Calcium suggested by Randy Holmes until things level out. I am planning to dose manually everyday until I calibrate my dosing pump. I was also told to dose Alk either early morning or Late PM opposite to Cal.

Im wondering if its okay to dose the 20.1 ml all at once?

cb8c751bc3d774c293b9e72c864a6db4.jpg

7b390fb59088f341e4828c5119c16c96.jpg

You are only bumping 1 dkh should be fine to do it all at once. Then dose to maintain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Okay but does my calculations seem right?

Using ESV B-Ionic 2 Part, I would dose 20.1 ml in one serving per day to increase my 150 gallon tank by 0.3 dkh?

.... I was planning to dose equal amounts of Calcium suggested by Randy Holmes until things level out. ...
That is good advice for standard dosing.
But if you are doing a one time large does to fix Alk, that may push calcium up very high if it is already OK.

The golden rule : Never dose what you have not checked!

That is good advice for standard dosing.
But if you are doing a one time large does to fix Alk, that may push calcium up very high if it is already OK.

The golden rule : Never dose what you have not checked!

My calcium is at 310 and Alk at 6.01 dkh

Magnesium in the 1250 range

So just to clarify. When i dose the 20 ml Alk. How much longer do i wait to dose the 20 ml Cal ?

You can do it pretty quickly. When I manually dose into the tank I do them right after the other. If you want to be safe then wait 10 mins.

Back