High Tide Aquatics

Apex Controller Experts ....

Is there any way to use the controller to manage a remote outlet? My controller is in my garage, watching my sump etc. But I'd like to also control my powerheads that are in my living room and not sure if there are any clever hacks to do this?

Back in the day I was munging around with X10 devices ... do I need to resort back to them for this?

Is running a wire an issue for your setup? Seems you have plumbing through the wall, wouldn't think an extra cable would be all that much more work (if any).

Is running a wire an issue for your setup? Seems you have plumbing through the wall, wouldn't think an extra cable would be all that much more work (if any).
I guess not, just seems like overkill. All this technology and I still have to drill through my wall ....

Do you need them controlled? If not, you might want to take a look at a smart plug. You can integrate quite a few of them into say Alexa or GoogleHome if you have one of those devices or use the app otherwise.

Do you need them controlled? If not, you might want to take a look at a smart plug. You can integrate quite a few of them into say Alexa or GoogleHome if you have one of those devices or use the app otherwise.

Well I was hoping to use the feeding modes all around, I can kill the return/skimmer but also wanted to stop the powerheads for a period of time ....

If you want it to be apex-controlled it’s a wire. But just run it through the holes you already made for water tubes, no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you want it to be apex-controlled it’s a wire. But just run it through the holes you already made for water tubes, no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I made 4 holes for my water plumbing ... hesitant to run any more, but maybe that's the only way to do this "easily".

Back