got ethical husbandry?

Schmitty's 40g Nuvo Reef

I just have one clown fish, what should my next fish be?

• Another Clown

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Anthias

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 6-line wrasse

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • watchman goby

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • lawnmower blenny

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • yasha goby

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Something else(please list in comments)

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure how many ml of which product you are dosing for alk, but I would only increase it by 1 ml per day and see what happens over a week or so. Definitely not more than 2 ml per day.

Reef4_Clowns.jpg

Got a new clown to give Pesci some company, any suggestions on a name?
Reef3_zoa.jpg

Also added my first zoa frag to the tank, really hoping to see it grow and not disappear...
Reef2Anemone.jpg

Anemone is a friend indeed, looks like my RBT is bouncing back and beginning to smile...
Reef1.jpg

And I frag'd my old Birds Nest and got rid of the dead areas, glued this piece toward to top in the middle, hope to see it fill in some of that area nicely...

Also added 4 Trochus snails, still dialing in my calcium and alk doser but Im getting close. Just increased the light intensity by 5%.

If anyone would like to trade a zoa frag for one of my frogspawn, I am definitely down. Trying to get some other colors in there besides green, looking for purple or anything cool looking.

Just got my first ever BAM BAM zoa at the frag swap over the weekend, thanks so much @LegendaryCorals — I obviously need a macro lens so I can get better photos then my iphone can produce...

zoa_BamBam.jpg

I can trade armor of god for your frogspawn, btw what testing probes/kit is yours? and how do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yesterday, I noticed that my Rose Tip Bubble anemone has split! Ill get some photos soon. Super stoked...
That may be good or bad. Especially if such a small one splits.
They often split when put in a new tank.
But they also split because of poor water quality and lack of food.
You might consider direct feeding for a few weeks, to make sure they are really healthy.

I dont know about that, I usually just feed em a bit more then normal and sometimes they split. Also when I do lots of water changes Ive seen em split too. To me it seems like they split when conditions arent consistent. I could be wrong but everything in my tank seems to be doing fine and so far the split anemone seem happy as well

NEONCANDYCANE.jpg

Here's a recent shot of my new Neon Green Candy cane right behind the anemone on the left, in the center is a three headed RASTA zoa out of focus and on the right is the acan that wont produce a new head... I just dropped my light half an inch to see if that helps. Birds next in the uppper center looks like it has some new growth...

SO here's my tank currently. Still need to get rid of at least one Frogspawn. Looking for suggestions on things to add. I really want something for the back left side behind the red mushrooms... and looking forward to the zoas growing and adding more as well.

40g.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

Overview of tank, yes the anemone split again, now I got four. Duncans are going NUTS, Frogspawn healthy and just got a bunch of SPS from Joey in Hayward. You can see the Bubblegum upper right and the slimer green acro and Red Planet in back from CoralReefer. Pesci the Clown is loving life... I also added a yasha goby and pistol shrimp last week which I havent seen since I added....Now if I could get some growth out of my zoas!
IMG_4328.jpg

I finally let my guard down and got some GSP... hopefully it doesnt take over the tank
IMG_4320.jpg

Red Planet, Red Digi, a Electric lime birds nest and German Blue Digi—gonna have to move a piece or two to give more space. Suggestions?
IMG_4324.jpg

Sunny D frags hopefully will start sprouting
IMG_4325.jpg

Neon candy cane got a new position in tank
IMG_4319.jpg

Yes, that's a Poker Star monti...
IMG_4322.jpg

Purple hornets are coming along nicely...
IMG_4326.jpg

Not the best photo of the green slimer, hoping it's healthy. This is my first go at acros and sps... Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

DAY 194—(I like adding this touch, thanks for inspiration Randy)

I traded one of my anemone to @ashburn2k and got an Utter Chaos, Rasta, and Dragons Eye zoa. He also was very generous and gave me some Bionic 2 part(thanks so much!)

Here's a look at my Sunny D(2 heads)
IMG_4324.jpg

New little batch of GPS from
IMG_4328.jpg

Milka Stylo
HeartSHapedMilkSylo.jpg

Dragons Eye Zoa (thanks @ashburn2k)
DragonsEye.jpg

Rasta Zoas (5 heads from @ashburn2k )
RASTA.jpg

and last but not least, the UTTER CHAOS zoa (finally got her again-@ashburn2k)
RASTA.jpg

I also moved the SLIMER to the middle of my tank where it will get more light and flow then from the back, hoping to see it start thriving and still waiting for my bubble gum and Poker Star Monti to get growth...

Back