Jestersix

Ashburn’s not so frugal 90g

Not yet, it’s still trying to get along with my yellow tang, the tang is smaller than cbb, but harassing it since day 2, but the aggression has been improving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6b09575ffad8ae09e098de2694ae9cc9.jpg
d80bd1b8c7c797b728ccaf06da974b9c.jpg

Water change station upgrade done, I had to reuse all the valves so the plumbing is fugly. Still it works and no leaks reported. And excuse me the mess. It’s all cleaned up by now.

I managed to score two lowboy tanks... oh boy what am I gonna do now.. keep both? Or just one

5bc19c5b5927dc685f3b85bfec08998f.jpg

Last edited:
So I finally got some free time from too much work and finished setting up my dual low boy tanks. But I really suck at documenting the process, so I’m giving you the result instead.

8d12a548dcdae97f67d8104978cff888.jpg

During the upgrade, I managed to crack the 40b tank :/ so if anyone who is interested in a cracked one side 40b let me know. :/ so I won’t need to break it down and trash it.

ok finally got some time to sit down and update my current setup.

Everything has been settled, top frag tank will host mainly SPS and bottom will house softie/LPS. but I made a box section in LPS just to put BTAs in will post picture of that setup soon.

but of course, every upgrade would have some coral/fish deaths :/
due to low temperature in my garage and I didn't have enough heaters during the upgrade, temperature and unstable water parameters made some of my corals bleached. Mostly SPS.

Ibn's garf bonsai bleached and m fav blue tort, also some other sps that I dont even want to mention : ( overall, most birdnests and green psammacora survived. non of the softies/zoa died. some of the candycane bleached as well. but that's about it.

I have some green psammacora to give away for members, come get it.

other non-tank upgrade casualties
LTA ( that giant one ) was harassed by the maroon clown so I moved it to sump and it just melted few days later ( that was before the frag tank upgrade )
One of the clarkii clown jumped from frag tank
one perc clown disappeared in the DT ( not sure if it jumped, i can't find the fish jerky anywhere on the floor or behind the tank )

and I swear this will be the last of my tank upgrades for years to come.

oh yeah, and the copper-band died of starvation, I found my peppermint shrimps just last few days, they finally comeout of hiding.
I killed most of my aiptasias in the tank with kalk paste, it works like magic.

Good to see your stuff yesterday, and thanks again for your generosity. Hope to see that anemone healthy and growing for you soon.

oh yeah, and the copper-band died of starvation, I found my peppermint shrimps just last few days, they finally comeout of hiding.
I killed most of my aiptasias in the tank with kalk paste, it works like magic.
That sucks about the cb. Not all that surprising though. Seems to be the fate of many. Kalk paste has always been my go to. It works but it just sucks to have to hit each one.

By the way, I think my lta is bigger than yours.
811C51B4-D047-4A58-9429-F3B01366AE82.jpeg
It’s even longer in the other direction.

dang, sorry to hear about the casualties!! Yeah it's been a bit cold. I've had to turn on my home's heater when I'm away so my tank doesn't get too cold. I have an extra 200watt heater coming this week =X

If you need heaters in the meantime, I have an extra 125watt you can borrow!

dang, sorry to hear about the casualties!! Yeah it's been a bit cold. I've had to turn on my home's heater when I'm away so my tank doesn't get too cold. I have an extra 200watt heater coming this week =X

If you need heaters in the meantime, I have an extra 125watt you can borrow!
Thanks, I already got 300w + 200w running, I have about 200g water running in the garage and no heating from the house :/ but frag tanks are insulated at bottom and sides.

That sucks about the cb. Not all that surprising though. Seems to be the fate of many. Kalk paste has always been my go to. It works but it just sucks to have to hit each one.

By the way, I think my lta is bigger than yours. View attachment 8520It’s even longer in the other direction.

I’m ok with hitting them each, as long as I won’t see them forever.

And your lta is huuuuuge...

Back