Cali Kid Corals

Leemar Starphire 290

LET THERE BE LIGHT! 8)

Installed a couple 18w LED's today. 4900K PAR38 bulbs for the fuge. I had originally planned on moving my old maxspect LED's down to the fuge as you can no longer buy that particular style of light. Otherwise I would buy more to cover the new tank. However they are 110w each for a total of 220 watts to cover the fuge. I was yapping with Robert and Neptune about his fuge light and his callerpa is going crazy with his 18w bulb. So for less than a hundred bucks I was able to get everything I needed to put these in. Easy and efficient. I like it!

IMG_1737.jpg

I love the black baffles as it will help keep the light where I want it, and keep the algea in the rest of the sump to a minimum.
IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Hoping for a tank next week. Might not happen, but hoping. :~

Is that one of these bulbs from HD?

1509f72c-6343-4c2f-bc01-adb7a1eade75_300.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&locStoreNum=6175&productId=202668659&storeId=10051

That's the one Levi. Puts out a lot of light. Left it on for a couple hours last night and it was still cool enough to touch. Cabinet got a little warmer I think. The spread covers the 24" wide pretty well too. I wish they had a bluer version........like 20K (they might online, but I was on a mission and bought the bluest they had at the store). However, as mentioned before, it seems to grow callerpa quite well. We'll see.

Sweet, thanks Mike!

Just back from a weekend in Vegas and am TORE UP! LOL! Good times. Didn't gamble, cause I hate throwing money away. I tried a few times in the past and never got the bug I guess.

Anyway, Home now and got an email from Neptune..........Tank is being delivered TOMORROW!! Woo HOO! Can't wait to see this thing. Plumbing is gonna be here wed. Skimmer is at Neptune waiting, and Tunze pumps are on back order at the moment. Got my waterblaster pumps and fingers crossed this tank may have water in another week or so. Stay tuned..........

WELL............

Waited for the tank all day today. Finally got a call from the shipper at 4:20 tonight to schedule a delivery for .............Tomorrow??? WTF? Just shoot me, I'm OVER it! Time for a drink. |(

There's no better way to wait for the masterpiece than with a cold one in your hand. At this pace you'll have water in the tank before the 200th post which will show Jim how to do a tank thread. :)

LOL! Good point cookieJar!

Neptune was on it. Cerrissa is FIREY! I like her! ;) It will be here tomorrow, and I will post pics ASAP! Can't wait. :bigsmile:

A few drinks can do wonders.

CookieJar said:
There's no better way to wait for the masterpiece than with a cold one in your hand. At this pace you'll have water in the tank before the 200th post which will show Jim how to do a tank thread. :)

...I like to take things slow. ;)

They just don't let up on ya Jim! ;)

TANK IS HERE!!!
Delivered this afternoon. Crating from LeeMar was top notch. Not a scratch on the tank. The tank itself is beautiful!!
DSCN1257.jpg

DSCN1261.jpg

DSCN1263.jpg

DSCN1268.jpg

Proud Papa!!
DSCN1271.jpg

Ron with a size demonstration! LOL!
DSCN1277.jpg

Very happy right now. I have a crew comming over Friday afternoon to put it on the stand. I have rented a 1000 lb lift that will hopefully do most of the work. The plan is to hoist it level with the stand and then just slide it over. Could work.......right? LOL! I'll be sure to take pictures.

gimmito said:
CookieJar said:

...I like to take things reallllyyyyyy sloooooow. ;)

correct that for you 8)

That is a really nice tank.

Back