Neptune Aquatics

Leemar Starphire 290

Yeah I thought about the push to smaller fish at one time, but then I could not find many that I really liked at most LFSs. There's a huge disparity between small fish that I want (i.e. they look cool and aren't monsters) and super cool looking fish that I do want (that being price :D).

Yeah, it can be tough to find fun stuff that isn't already in every tank around. Worth the occasional trip to Aquatic collection. They always seem to have a variety, and plenty in stock when I go there. I also have very good survival rates from them, with no disease as they do treat, and dip their fish. I think the prices are fair there as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So do you guys remember "Fishbit?" Alex and Nate came to a few tank tours and were working on a new aquarium controller.

Well, they kept in touch over the last couple years and came by last week to see the tank. They interviewed me to get some footage for a video they were working on, and took some video of the tank as well.

Here is the video. Turned out to be a little documentary about their journey with fishbit. It is a very well done video, and I am happy for the guys that are moving into the next stage of production. If you have some time, give it a look. It's very professional. The tank is featured about half way through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
a star is born!!!!

Wow! I just love this new photo update! I am so thrilled to hear that the tank is doing so much better and that you are loving the hobby again. Seems like this hobby is full of ups and downs! Always fun to be on the upside :)

I just love all the variety of colors and textures of the different corals in these photos! Just stunning! I like the new blend of fish as well. I love the beautiful wrasses and the powder blue tang is my absolute favorite. That's one of my dream fish, so I'm thrilled yours made it and is doing well for you! Anyways, just stunning! I hope we get to see even more updates :)

Thanks everyone. I feel very fortunate to get things back on track. I lost a lot of coral, but it could have been worse. It's an amazing addiction!!! Oh, I mean "hobby." Lol!!

Very nice! tank indeed!

My interest was peaked with this unusual coral. My first thought was Australomussa since some of the corallites have a resemblence to mussids, but then again it could also be an unusually thick tissued type of Chalice (Mycedium?). Are the tentacles long and stringy or more uniform like an Acan lord?

IMG_2808_zps0we3mpi0.jpg

Very nice! tank indeed!

My interest was peaked with this unusual coral. My first thought was Australomussa since some of the corallites have a resemblence to mussids, but then again it could also be an unusually thick tissued type of Chalice (Mycedium?). Are the tentacles long and stringy or more uniform like an Acan lord?

IMG_2808_zps0we3mpi0.jpg

It is a very unusual, chalice like coral. It has fairly thick / long tentacles. I only ever see a few out at night, but can be 6" or so. I lost a few coral before I realized how long they could get. It has similarities with all three of the above mentioned corals.

Back