Reef nutrition

Current USA

What do you think are the quality of the little legs (for sitting on a tank) that come with their fixtures?
I know the set of legs that come with the Current USA PC fixtures, and Nova Extreme line of fixtures come with cheap flimsy legs. I have had a couple break on me on occasion. Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of Sunpod HQI fixture legs? Anyone ever had them break?

I've had the same experience with the Nova, and PCs. I've not had any experience with the Sunpod, but if they are anything like the Nova's I say they're junk.

Yours snapping off at that little point where the foot slides into the light housing too?

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=5049.msg61983#msg61983 date=1225595377]
I've had the same experience with the Nova, and PCs. I've not had any experience with the Sunpod, but if they are anything like the Nova's I say they're junk.

Yours snapping off at that little point where the foot slides into the light housing too?
[/quote]

How'd you know ;)
Yeah, actually I have a Sunpod over one of my tanks, and the legs seem to built a little sturdier. But I was staring at my tank earlier, and I was wondering if it is just a matter of time before the Sunpod legs give out on me (has the same foot sliding into housing action going on, but the rest of the leg seems sturdier anyways). So I was wondering if anyone has actually had this happen to them.
Hm, Where do people get replacement legs? I was uber lucky that when one of my Nova legs broke, I had some spare legs saved from a previous PC fixture I owned by them that happened to work interchangeably!

Sunpod legs: http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/graphics/00000001/sunpod.jpg

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5049.msg61987#msg61987 date=1225596495]
Sunpod legs are ok.. Unless you really hard on them, I don't think they will break.
[/quote]

I usually just slide the fixture gently back and forth when I need to stick my hand in the tank briefly. During my weekly water change I take the fixture off the top of the tank all together. I am just worried (as Jeremy already mentioned) about the part where the foot slides into the fixture breaking.

I had the unit for about 7 months now.. seem to be fine.. It's made out of plastic so you some what have to becareful. I take good care of my stuff. That legs is good enough for me.

I have the sunpod 70watt. Legs seem like they will do ok with normal use, but don't expect them to live through abuse well.

I have the 500w 48" Sunpod and the legs seem good to me as well. I've had it for about 5 months without incident. Like A.Lee, I slide it back and forth and I don't really touch it much as my hands aren't really in the tank all that often.

One thing that comes into question for me it the durability over the long term, it seems as if they are made from cast PVC that over time gets brittle. At least that's what I noticed with their other legs, at first they were somewhat flexible, then they became brittle and less flexible over the course of time.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5049.msg62029#msg62029 date=1225643837]
I won't have a change to wait for that happen so I can't tell you Jeremy :D .. I'm selling the setup in couple months. ;D
[/quote]

HAHAHAHA! The upgrade begins! Too cool Phong, you're creeping your way back into your old self (shhh... I wont tell anyone, especially your wife)

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=5049.msg62028#msg62028 date=1225643661]
One thing that comes into question for me it the durability over the long term, it seems as if they are made from cast PVC that over time gets brittle. At least that's what I noticed with their other legs, at first they were somewhat flexible, then they became brittle and less flexible over the course of time.
[/quote]

This is EXACTLY what I am worried about

Back