High Tide Aquatics

Other Hobbies

If it conformed to the code requirements I could but I can tell just from the picture that it doesn't. There can't be more that a 12' vertical rise with out a landing. There cannot be more than a 4-3/8" opening between balusters (4" for commercial). That one looks larger. Lastly there are strict codes about the size and shape of the handrail to make sure that small hands can easily grasp it. The handrail in the picture looks much larger than what is allowed. Otherwise if you had the budget I could build it.

Snowboarding, photography, marksmanship, camping, and spend my summer vacation commercial fishing in ak.

Used to play eq. Stuck it out for a while after pouty left fu but haven't logged my toons in for years now. PS3 is even broken, no time for games with this epic snowfall.

I used to collect comic books (that could fill a 5'x10' storage locker) and video game consoles back in the day (even drove down to L.A. just to pick up a Neo Geo game console that came in a cd format...I know crazy). Sports, especially volleyball (I coached my daughter's team). Home remodeling (ongoing). Hi End audio on a budget (enjoying my new Fiio hi resolution player). Mixing live audio (I volunteer as a sound man at my local church).

I play World of Warcraft not as hardcore as I once was but still love raiding and killing dragons a couple times a week. I play softball too. Our reefing has taken a bit of a turn lately. We are breeding clownfish and soon to start orchid dottybacks to the mix. So my dinning room now looks like a laboratory with all the phyto, rotifer, brine shrimp, and copepods cultures not to mention the 7 tanks of various fish and sizes.
Kim, it's been a goal for awhile to raise cleaner shrimp (I particularly love the skunk or red-striped cleaner shrimp Lysmata amboensis). I have been collecting materials and gear for awhile, but have yet to pull the trigger on growing nano-algae, copepods and rotifers. Would you post a thread on your efforts on this area, hopefully with a few photos of your setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a wood butcher and tool collector. I built some wooden bikes for my kids and some furniture, but I don't have any real skill at it. So I maintain my butcher status.
V
I certainly identify! I didn't 't graduate to good-looking projects until I acquired some high-quality tools. At a minimum you need a high-quality table saw, but I get a lot of use out of my 3D miter saw and would love to have a jointer.

I certainly identify! I didn't 't graduate to good-looking projects until I acquired some high-quality tools. At a minimum you need a high-quality table saw, but I get a lot of use out of my 3D miter saw and would love to have a jointer.

Ya know, a lot of people like having a jointer but I don't know how many thousands of board feet of lumber I've milled and have never used one. It's rare that I could find it handy and there's always another way of doing what it does so that I don't need it. In my shop, my table saw gets the most use by far. On the job site it's my miter saw.

I play World of Warcraft not as hardcore as I once was but still love raiding and killing dragons a couple times a week. I play softball too. Our reefing has taken a bit of a turn lately. We are breeding clownfish and soon to start orchid dottybacks to the mix. So my dinning room now looks like a laboratory with all the phyto, rotifer, brine shrimp, and copepods cultures not to mention the 7 tanks of various fish and sizes.
What's your main toon in wow?

I can't help but notice you seem to have something going on with both @<3-2-reef and @coral4me.

Hahaa. I guess I need to go edit all my comments about <3-2-reef and change then to coral4me. The < symbol was doing weird things with Matt's username, so we changed it to match his username from the other reef forums.

Used to do some homebrewing 20+ years ago. Beer, mead, hard cider.

Just started up again recently with Chinese rice wine.

Got a 2.5 gallon batch of Fu Chow red wine going.

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

The half gallon test batch looked and tasted ok.

IMG_0614.JPG

Also started a 2.5 gallon batch of Shaoxing style wine. Mother culture here.

IMG_0622.JPG

Adding the rest of the rice, yeast, and water tomorrow after initial 2 day incubation at 85 F.

Here's the yeast and red yeast rice I'm using to ferment the glutinous rice.

IMG_0600.JPG

Started brewing the wine partly because I'm trying to stay away from imported Chinese food products, and also for curiosity and fun.

I'll be using the red wine lees to make red fermented beancurd, of which I can't find any not from China.

Made 2 batches of regular fermented bean curd which were ok, but not outstanding. Needed more fermentation before brining.

Also on the list of experiments, fermented black soybeans, Chinese soy sauce, and Korean soy sauce.

Just got 13 pounds of US grown, organic, non GMO soybeans.

Back