got ethical husbandry?

Through wall plumbing advice

I am looking to plumb my drains/returns through a wall into my garage. Any advice/recommendation/experience on this would be welcomed before I just dive in.

I have 2 overflows, so do folks make 2 sets of holes or plumb them to use one single hole etc?

Thanks!

Your call on that. Just depends on how many holes you want to punch through the wall.

Here's d2mini with the multiple through the wall.
upload_2017-11-24_13-2-17.png

Yeah I would keep them separate, through a larger hole. Merging them into one seems to defeat the purpose of an emergency drain...though it would take a lot to plug up a 1.5" hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I would keep them separate, through a larger hole. Merging them into one seems to defeat the purpose of an emergency drain...though it would take a lot to plug up a 1.5" hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I meant running the plumbing lines together through one larger pipe, not combining them :)

I am looking to plumb my drains/returns through a wall into my garage. Any advice/recommendation/experience on this would be welcomed before I just dive in.

Thanks!

Most important thing is to send your wife or significant other for a nice spa weekend while you're doing this. Makes the project go much more smoothly.

I would use a laundry room outlet box and punch hole in box to get pipe throug. These are typically found in your laundry room to bring water to your washer and also has drain for your washer. They can be found at Home Depot and fits between the studs for about $30 bucks.

I would use a laundry room outlet box and punch hole in box to get pipe throug. These are typically found in your laundry room to bring water to your washer and also has drain for your washer. They can be found at Home Depot and fits between the studs for about $30 bucks.
That sounds like a plan - I need to make sure it's still to code though, car fumes etc. need to be kept out + insulation ...

Back