Our mission

KLEMS SCA 50g cube

Looks like the clown fish has a bunch of eggs they are tending to....
IMG_20180123_170712057.jpg
IMG_20180123_170708166.jpg

Last edited:
After 7 to 8 days they turn silver. The silver color is the fry's eyes. They hatch soon after. The parents will likely lay a new clutch. Some of our best pairs lay every 10 days.

As I am not ready / equipped to properly rear them like you...will the babies just hatch and become food for the tank?

Yes they will. That was how we started. A Picasso and a snowflake laying eggs in the display. They still lay every 10 to 12 days and we cannot keep up with the demand for their babies. We have been getting better clutches from them now the clutches are about 4 by 3 inches now and very tight.

Yes they will. That was how we started. A Picasso and a snowflake laying eggs in the display. They still lay every 10 to 12 days and we cannot keep up with the demand for their babies. We have been getting better clutches from them now the clutches are about 4 by 3 inches now and very tight.
Out of the clutch how many do you end up with that are sellable?

We are now getting about 80% for the picasso snowflake clutches. With about 200 to 300 juveniles. We end up culling 5%. The breakdown on the types of clowns in this particular pairing is 25% each "Picassnow" "Snow Onyx" "Picasso Percularis""Percularis". We use a website http://clowncalc.nolapete.com/ to calculate what a particular pairing will get us and the numbers have been right on.

The new UFO fuge light is doing a much better job of growing the cheato in the sump. Before I would harvest about once a month...now it looks like I will have to harvest every two weeks

Attachments

• IMG_20180111_104124956_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180111_104124956_HDR.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 250
The new UFO fuge light is doing a much better job of growing the cheato in the sump. Before I would harvest about once a month...now it looks like I will have to harvest every two weeks

How do you harvest? Just pull it all out but a little bit? Do you rinse it first to save the pods living with in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pull it out of the sump into a large bowl with some tank water and then cut out parts that do not contain any pods or starfish. Then I put back about a softball size abd any water / pods in the bottom of the bowl.

I also have a sponge that sits in between the baffles between the fuge and pump where I believe the pods live...

I pull it out of the sump into a large bowl with some tank water and then cut out parts that do not contain any pods or starfish. Then I put back about a softball size abd any water / pods in the bottom of the bowl.

I also have a sponge that sits in between the baffles between the fuge and pump where I believe the pods live...

Thank you, I'm trying to figure out how I plan to do the process when I get full on cheato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAL- 500
ALK- 9.9
PO4- .233
Mag- 1500
NO3- 7

Looks like I need to add a bit of NoPox for a few days...and lighten the feedings

Yeah, last time I changed my reactor I only put in carbon, may need to add two or three spoonfuls of GFO and mix them

Looks like I have a few more rock flower anemone babies....

Attachments

• IMG_20180202_134834433-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180202_134834433-01.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20180202_134857778-02.jpeg
    IMG_20180202_134857778-02.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 259
Water parameters:
MG:1520
CA: 480
ALK: 8.9
PO4: .239
NO3: 4

Not sure why my phosphates are still so high compared to my nitrates...

Cheato has grown like crazy, maybe I need to prune it so that it has more space to grow and use up more phosphates??? Any thoughts?

Back