Cali Kid Corals

Tank question

Is it possible to plumb two tanks together to run on the same water.

For example I build two tanks that both go to the same sump for filtration.

I feel like it would require less equipment. And instead of doing two tanks water changes or chemical tests. Just one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, makes it a bit easier, and adds more volume to your tank. HOWEVER!!!! If you get a problem in one(Ich, flatworms, red bugs, etc), it becomes a problem for both. Does not work as a quarantine tank. I did this for my frag tank, and am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have seen a few setups like this. Generally there is a display with frag tank connected, or sometimes a display with a full size fuge display that has seahorses or what not

Perfect! I was thinking about building a largish sump that would work for when I decide to upgrade to a second larger tank.

I used a 40b sump and it works great, only change I made was using acrylic baffles instead of glass. I broke glass baffles way too often and so far silicone seems to hold up the acrylic pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Make sure acrylic baffles make room for acrylic expansion. Seen a lot of people with cracked glass over time due to baffles being cut too precise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Next question guys,
What is this flower thing?

0fd119d4584ad561a9be664e82e81e53.jpg
934a97832b45f1b8765553f0ed1e1312.jpg

And what's the blue stuff on the rock? I noticed it with the lights off.

3db2576c4dcad827d7a5e8d9d78970d5.jpg

Haha yeah sorry. Photo taken from my phone. It's some tiny little flower thing. Noticed it growing under the mushroom. Odd tho that it's a completely blurry photo. From my phone I can see it. [emoji848]

Thanks anyways for looking.

Sorry @jorahx4! Just teasing. Bruce is still the worst [emoji23][emoji85]. The flower thing could also be a little feather duster. Can you describe the “pedals” of the flower? Feathery? Tentacly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does its structure look anything like either of these? Also, if you can somehow turn off the blues on your lights, and just leave the whites on, picture clarity will improve greatly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 172
Back