High Tide Aquatics

Coral back from the grave

A while back, I got a lovely meteor shower cyphastria (sp?) from Ian. For some reason, it went down hill fast.
Here is a pic of it in the middle of becoming skimmate
837_21_09_08_3_31_00.JPG

A day later, it was all white with no flesh to be seen anywhere on the frag.

I kept the dead plug in the back of my tank under the frag rack and basically forgot about it. With the little "incident" recently, I went through the whole tank and noticed a nice little suprise! Seems that there was SOME spec of tissue that lived!!!
Lets see if I can grow this zombie back out to a colony lol.
837_02_01_09_5_59_15.JPG

Very nice!

I had a Cali tort frag fall into my tube anemone about 6 months ago and I thought only the tip survived. I fragged the tip and on the base was a little bit of tissue left, barely visible. I kept it and it has grown back, encrusting the dead skeleton. I will think twice now before removing a supposedly "dead" frag.

yeah, don't take "dead" skeletons out for a while. I had a nickel sized fungia fall off a rock onto an sps and it sure looked dead. I left it in the corner of the tank and now it looks like a pizza with one slice taken out. So it recovered nicely!

V

it didn't like coming out to the light and might have went splat again lol, so I put it back int eh shadows. Zombies can rise more than once, right?

what a coincidence! This weekend, I was out with my wife. Strangely, by the end of the day, I came home with clothes and my wife came home with coral...and it happened to be an open brain!

Back