High Tide Aquatics

I got a new wrasse too!

Any fish going in the sand bed is a wild card, Yet, it's a pleasure to see it each day. With this idea, it is important that the fish feel safe for it to want to wake up each day. My suggestion is to qt it in its own tank with deep sand bed. Although you may keep it healthy in a qt tank, it may not make it in a display tank mainly due to harassment. Once it is comfortable in a display tank, it owns it:)

Oh, the other thing is that they need food when they wake up and if you ain't there when it wants brunch instead of breakfast, game is over.

Oh, the other thing is that they need food when they wake up and if you ain't there when it wants brunch instead of breakfast, game is over.

There has been some success with this fish by first acclimating him to the tanks regular time schedule before he's placed into the DT. I did that via an acclimation box with no sand for three days. By the time he hit the DT his internal clock was adjusted. In any case, since I work from home I was on-hand every morning to see as soon as he appeared. None of that worked.

Back