Kessil

MACNA Sept 7-9 2018 Las Vegas

If you don’t mind staying of the strip I can get you a discount
I'm actually really curious about the finances between strip and off strip staying, yes it's cheaper to stay off strip, but in order to get to the place you'll need to either take a taxi/uber straight to the place or taxi/uber to a monorail station to go there. If you save $30/night you might end up spending $40 for additional transportation.

That said, I think one of our timeshares is a nice place... but it is off strip. One of my problems here is going to be figuring out what my wife and kid can do when I'm at MACNA, Vegas isn't exactly "toddler friendly" (I don't think?). Also getting my tank actually up so that I can bring home some goodies would be great too :D

I say go with your favorite hotel, September should be good walking weather in Vegas so a stroll/shuttle to Westgate is very doable.

Btw, does anyone know how it works when you buy corals/fish from a convention and have to fly home? Can you bring livestock on board? Do you have to check it in? Ship home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You can purchase the coral carrier from building an obsession, I believe it holds 10 frag's and comes with paperwork stating TSA regulations allow live animals to have more than 3 ounces of liquid in transport. I'm about to order some of these if anybody wants them I'm happy to give you a discount on a pre-order. Not sure what my prices on them or what discount I'll can offer but I'll find out from Ben and let you all know before MACNA. Have a great weekend happy reefing all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this on the TSA website:
7778e93edf89a93c55d73ad5e8e4f0a3.jpg
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/live-coral

Read the MACNA site and apparently you get free parking for attendees at the hotel it's at, so there's that. Although still thinking I want to fly there, gotta weigh the pros and cons of flying for a little more than an hour, and significantly more money versus 9+ hours on the road ... both cases will involve a 2.5 year old... he's no longer free to fly, but then 9 hours in a car... each way! Hopefully Southwest has a good sale on or something :D

Read the MACNA site and apparently you get free parking for attendees at the hotel it's at, so there's that. Although still thinking I want to fly there, gotta weigh the pros and cons of flying for a little more than an hour, and significantly more money versus 9+ hours on the road ... both cases will involve a 2.5 year old... he's no longer free to fly, but then 9 hours in a car... each way! Hopefully Southwest has a good sale on or something :D
Keep any eye oput this spring and early summer for a Southwest sale. They usually have a few a year $79.00-$99.00 and it always includes Vegas as a destination/.

yeah I did a quick check, realize it's way too far out, but saw $63 tickets... but from LV to SFO on the Friday and then SFO to LV on the Monday... it's like the airlines think people don't "get away" to San Francisco as much as they do to Las Vegas :D Saw $79 out of Oakland though that you can get today, but one leaves Saturday so kinda meh... I want at least 2 full days at MACNA. Also need to talk to the wife to see what she might want to do (apparently one of the "time shares" we have has a lazy river :D but I doubt that can keep her and kid occupied for more than an hour or 2), *sigh* this would be so much easier and less stressful (and cheaper) if she'd just let me get away for the weekend by myself.

It's been WAY too long since I've flown on anything but Southwest though, didn't realize many other airlines went full on super gouge and many charge for carry-on, and some it's even the cost of a checked bag.

Back