High Tide Aquatics

Bad Boy T5 Light Fixture

Few months back I picked this fixture, extreme powerful T5; 16, as in sixteen T5HO 54W lamps
It's basically a 4x4 fixture. It had daylight bulbs in it, believe 65K but I removed them and don't know at the moment where I placed them, most of them survived the move.
The fixture will not fit in a small sedans door opening, believe me, I tried; had to strap it on the top of my car.
That being said, you'll need a minivan or at least a wagon/hatchback that can accommodate the four foot fixture.
If you are growing corals in a big, big frag tank, then this might be right for you; I'm sure it can be wired to use eight lamps.

Model is Badboy T5 Lighting System.
Features eight reflectors that support two T5 lamps each.
I picked it up as part of a nice CO2 tank that weighs more than me; the CO2 tank is spoken for.

Available in San Francisco.

I'll post it on craigslist for sale but free to members.

20180219_142229 (1).jpg

More like a weed grower than a coral grower :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah... bout that.
I believe so, the person was clearing a warehouse in SoMa, lots of free 2x4's, plywood, doors, some big fans, I grabbed one to vent the basement along with a carbon and sediment filter.

So Mario,
Couldn't we hang that light from the ceiling of your basement and slide one of your tanks under it? Then just a little water and you gots a reef :)

This fixture is a good organ donor, those thinking of doing a mix of LED T5 and have a canopy, might find it appealing. When I picked it up was because the image sent to me showed half of the fixture.
I might hang it off of the ceiling just to have room to wiggle or use it as a tanning bed.

Heh.
I've got a lot of work to do before I'll have anything exciting to show. I'm going to use it to retrofit a hood I haven't even built yet.

But pictures you will have.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back