Cali Kid Corals

Ashburn’s not so frugal 90g

maybe just start guess and checking. Put one possible GHA eater in each lowboy. If nothing, try another two. You should get through that pretty quick. pain the butt though for sure to transfer them for sure.

maybe just start guess and checking. Put one possible GHA eater in each lowboy. If nothing, try another two. You should get through that pretty quick. pain the butt though for sure to transfer them for sure.

That’s what I’m currently doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is that all one system?
For the algae issue, you’ll need fish: fox face and or Zebrasoma sp and an algae blenny or Ctenochaetus sp
Snails move at a snail’s pace
You’ll have to seek out small specimens

So my Magnificent Fox Face and 2 Zebrasoma and Ctenochaetus are lazy bums.

I have some kind of algae growing in my tank. Nothing eats it. Does not look like the atypical bryopsis. There is no discernible root structure and it falls apart if you pull on it. Sounds and looks like GHA but again, nothing eats it.

EXCEPT, I was doing some cleaning and had some clumps of it floating around. A small clump hits the Fox Face in the snout and he chomps down on it! Other than that 1 time, I have not seen anyone else eat this stuff. I've tried pulling clumps off to see if I get a repeat performance but nope.

So my Magnificent Fox Face and 2 Zebrasoma and Ctenochaetus are lazy bums.

I have some kind of algae growing in my tank. Nothing eats it. Does not look like the atypical bryopsis. There is no discernible root structure and it falls apart if you pull on it. Sounds and looks like GHA but again, nothing eats it.

EXCEPT, I was doing some cleaning and had some clumps of it floating around. A small clump hits the Fox Face in the snout and he chomps down on it! Other than that 1 time, I have not seen anyone else eat this stuff. I've tried pulling clumps off to see if I get a repeat performance but nope.
Sounds like he ate it by accident; like when they eat each other’s poop.

I’ve noticed a couple things about my tang’s eating habits of algae. First, since I’ve been feeding the LRS they haven’t been scrounging around the rocks as much. I think they prefer it and wait for feeding time. Second, they seem to prefer the newly growing bits. If it’s grown into a clump that I could grab with my fingers they ignore it. I don’t know if the new growth tastes better or if they’re scared of the larger patches or what.

You had tried to chemically treat it a while back. That didn’t kill it all?

Awesome Zoas.

Great thing about lowboys that I can take top down shots without breaking any sweat.
22baf7c3097d4c3b7a82f42eb4390bc5.jpg
f4f92d82391aa3feabf0d323f89dd17b.jpg
4f5993a63b49861bb4f4283cd517a298.jpg
cd913d1039fed00d438fd198b82ae39c.jpg
f09bc375f7c6b5dabe2d950e660d7e57.jpg
0eca5111a73b876d6a82e872b1d3c4a6.jpg
264d870118ec3821cb32809517400970.jpg
2f5c4dcf6c2b3244b305ac3ba9d13ca3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe to have an Inland saw; haven’t seen it in the storage bins; maybe I let someone in the club borrow it in a you can have it sort of way; will check again, might be one of those things that pop out when you are not looking for it...

I believe to have an Inland saw; haven’t seen it in the storage bins; maybe I let someone in the club borrow it in a you can have it sort of way; will check again, might be one of those things that pop out when you are not looking for it...
I will buy it off you in a heartbeat

Back