Jestersix

What is this little black “worm”

L/B Block

Supporting Member
As I was changing out filter socks -this little guy popped out-
Didn’t look like a bristle/fireworm- but what do I know.

It has a black bodice.
Got the best pic I could- it pretty much curled up into a ball.

Any ideas what it is?
I have not seen any in the dt. I think either wrasse would prob eat it.
5b80a4b9e88bbede716fc7683a2c80c9.jpg

Thanks
L&B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some cheeto from jvu and it had a lot of those and I was worried for a bit. But after some research I was excited to bring new pods to the tank.

I was shocked when I saw they get this big!

Reactions: JVU
I got some cheeto from jvu and it had a lot of those and I was worried for a bit. But after some research I was excited to bring new pods to the tank.

I was shocked when I saw they get this big!

I was a little shocked as well. I had always thought they were a whole lot smaller.
Sure between mandarins and the wrasses -someone is going to be fat and happy!

Yeah the ones I get from a lfs to seed my tank are tiny little red dots. All the ones I see in my tank are huge! And not red haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah the ones I get from a lfs to seed my tank are tiny little red dots. All the ones I see in my tank are huge! And not red haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amiphipods and copepods are very different beasts. The ones you get from the LFS are probably tisbe, apocalypse, or tiger copepods.

Amiphipods and copepods are very different beasts. The ones you get from the LFS are probably tisbe, apocalypse, or tiger copepods.

Correct trisbe. It’s just odd. Those are the only ones I’ve introduced to my tank. And yet it’s over run with much larger white pods.

I think a healthy diverse population of copepods and amphipods is one of the most important factors for a stable reef tank ecosystem, right behind a healthy bacterial population. It is the main reason I stopped using filter socks, so they can recirculate around refugium->tank->refugium. They are amazing clean up crew and also food for fish and coral.

Back