Jestersix

1 new and 4 used 3ft t5 bulbs

I don't have privilege to post in bst forum. Giving away bulbs because I've been told not to throw them in the trash.

1 new Giesemann Aquablue Coral
2 used (2 months) ATI Aquable Special
2 used (6 months) ATI Blue Plus

near oakland

I just put 4 bulbs (from my kitchen) in the trash can outside and broke them with a rock. I was thinking, “I wonder if these have a proper way of disposal”.

I don't have privilege to post in bst forum. Giving away bulbs because I've been told not to throw them in the trash.

near oakland

There’s the Pay it Forward forum, you can post there since they are free.

I just put 4 bulbs (from my kitchen) in the trash can outside and broke them with a rock. I was thinking, “I wonder if these have a proper way of disposal”.
Depends upon your city, San Francisco is very good at having relatively easy disposal of hazardous items. But I've seen people put bulbs into the boxes at home depot that collect fluorescent spiral bulbs so why not :D

I tried that once. an employee wouldn't accept it. he said they're special bulbs. I'll just toss them somewhere else and mail the giesmann back where I bought it.

Depends upon your city, San Francisco is very good at having relatively easy disposal of hazardous items. But I've seen people put bulbs into the boxes at home depot that collect fluorescent spiral bulbs so why not :D
Right, the compact fluorescent bulbs have mercury in them. Those I take to Home Depot to dispose of.

Right, the compact fluorescent bulbs have mercury in them. Those I take to Home Depot to dispose of.
All fluorescent bulbs have mercury in them.

It's the nature of the beast, they need something that is electrically conductive and has a relatively low vapor temperature, which mercury fits the bill.

Recology takes Hazardous Waste, specific days of the week, in SF Thursday to Saturday; free of charge unless you bring a huge amount.
There’s a Recology in the peninsula, believe San Mateo Co.
Home Depot and others take CFL/LED. Metal Halide also have to be dispossed off properly due to the mercury content.
ACE Hardware I believe they also take some recyclables and haz mats.

near oakland

Well, if you don't want to feel guilty on disposing those lamps and if you are not in a hurry to re-home them, I could pick them up in April, before or after the frag swap.
Dusting off some things and need bulbs to test T5 ballasts on my leisure time. I'll take them to Recology when I'm done or they are done.

Back