Kessil

Peter's Garage Tank

Lol

Maybe she’s just looking for an excuse to wear this shirt:

8f49dd6bdb9ae9fcfd8b527cda1ee93b.jpg

You can get a cheap gel filter to place over iPhone to filter out the blue. It's a orange gel filter you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ran up to Ultimate Aquarium to get some water and spotted a small Kole Tang. Well long story short we couldn't resist ;)
I even talked the owner into a 48 hour guarantee after I discussed why he should be part of our club.

Less than the 50 gallons of water we picked up. $49.95 We also snagged 2 Bar Gobies for Peter's tank. They have one more Kole available that I almost picked up for the other reef but the Sea Hare is doing an amazing job and I dont want it to starve.

With all your tanks I’m surprised you don’t make your own water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yea, I have thought about it but it seems that a lot of people are having issues with the packaged reef salts. If they are all trying to replicate ocean water, why are they all so different? The water I buy is filtered ocean water, just the way mother nature intended. I have had very few corals die since I started and truth be told I am a bit lazy and not really detail oriented when it comes to mixing salt.

Yea, I have thought about it but it seems that a lot of people are having issues with the packaged reef salts. If they are all trying to replicate ocean water, why are they all so different? The water I buy is filtered ocean water, just the way mother nature intended. I have had very few corals die since I started and truth be told I am a bit lazy and not really detail oriented when it comes to mixing salt.

I assume you dose, could do ati or triton method and not have to deal with water changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is looking great! Bumped up the kalk/vinegar to keep up with coral consumption. Alk was at 10 and dropped to 8 and calc. dropped from 500 to 420. Using about 120ml of vinegar and 2 tsp. of kalk+2 daily. The newer tank still has a bit of the uglies. I presume that it is being caused by something leaching out of the new rockscape. Hopefully the bump in vinegar will get rid of it.
I find it really hard to see the growth of the corals when I look at them every day. Today I was looking at one of our Birdsnest Corals and decided to look back through some pics. to see the growth. Here is the same coral before as just a "nub" and 6 months later. I know some of you guys get this much growth a lot quicker. But as a "newbie" I am happy that not only have I not killed it but it is getting bigger! Now if I can only do the same with the Red Dragon - Still alive on day #3 :)
IMG_3766.JPG
IMG_4488.JPG

Haven't tried a red dragon in awhile. I was going to pick one up at the swap, but decided on the Palmer's blue milli instead. So the issue that I've had with the red dragon isn't it surviving the first month or so, but rather the long term survival. Looks great and grows for 5-6 months and then all of a sudden rtn overnight.

Back