Jestersix

Coral Dip

Still using Bayer. Available at Target and Lowes. Not at Home Depot anymore.

85d9ca357ef089cc014a1926529b3f43.jpg

So that’s the “Bayer”? For some reason I thought was more like a Veterinarian prescription, similar to the InterC.

Hypothetically speaking, Flatworm Exit for Planaria, Interceptor for Red Bugs, Fluconazole for Algae? Hydrogen Peroxide for algae...
There is/was this blue bottle, CoralRX? Iodine (forgot the name) for...?

Bayer! for sometime I read about Bayer but never did imagine would be a rather large “thing”, much less a product available at hardware stores.

Still using Bayer. Available at Target and Lowes. Not at Home Depot anymore.

85d9ca357ef089cc014a1926529b3f43.jpg

Oh and most importantly, no foreign frag plugs or rock. Don't care how encrusted that frag is; if I can take it off without completely killing the coral, it's coming off of it, even at the expense of a little encrustation.

I know, not really a dip, but since we're on the topic of pest control....

did we get dip to give out at the swap?

Ugh, no. Despite two little fishes saying they would send us some a little over a month ago, and a followup reminder, they did not.
Sounds like more folks are using Bayer anyways, which sounds like it may work better for bugs. How does it fair with pest algae? ReVive does seem to do a decent job for that.

Ugh, no. Despite two little fishes saying they would send us some a little over a month ago, and a followup reminder, they did not.
Sounds like more folks are using Bayer anyways, which sounds like it may work better for bugs. How does it fair with pest algae? ReVive does seem to do a decent job for that.
We should probably provide a bottle of Bayer to give out. Not sure what to put it in for people to take home tho.

We should probably provide a bottle of Bayer to give out. Not sure what to put it in for people to take home tho.

Not sure that's a good idea simply because we would be putting it into unlabeled bottles or bottles without safety instructions. While extremely unlikely there's always a chance someones kid or animal gets access to it and then there's a chance of a lawsuit.

Not sure that's a good idea simply because we would be putting it into unlabeled bottles or bottles without safety instructions. While extremely unlikely there's always a chance someones kid or animal gets access to it and then there's a chance of a lawsuit.
Ok good point. Guess we won't be providing coral dip this time. Poop.
Everyone please be prepared to get and use dip for your corals before adding them to your tank. Be safe, not sorry!

Bayer shouldn't have any affect on algae.

Back