Neptune Aquatics

Coral frag disk: recommendations

Where does everyone get their coral disk plugs from?
I see a bunch of options online, differ from thickness to material its made from.

Would like to get some input on which ones you got and how they held up.
Easily cracked? get blown/moved around? Held the coral once it grew into a larger colony.

thanks!

I get all mine from a guy in Fresno. But I 3d printed several of the molds he uses for his custom plugs, disks and tiles.

I don't know if he is on this forum but I'll send him a message.

Picked up some of the discs that Bruce brought to this last swap and I'm liking them so far. I also have some from Jestersix that that he customized with ridges and bumps for chalices.

I did contact the person that made the discs that Bruce brought. They're made of Portland cement that he cures. I'm thinking of ordering some and I'll create another post for that.

Picked up some of the discs that Bruce brought to this last swap and I'm liking them so far. I also have some from Jestersix that that he customized with ridges and bumps for chalices.

I did contact the person that made the discs that Bruce brought. They're made of Portland cement that he cures. I'm thinking of ordering some and I'll create another post for that.

I did pick up a couple disks from the recent frag swap ( thanks Bruce!) , but i wasnt sure what they were made from so i was a bit hesitant to toss them in the tank right away. Thanks for the info. Are you having any issues with the thickness? i had a couple snap, so i glued 2 together to get a more solid base.

Yeah, I like them too. @Ibn let me know if you place an order for some, would like to join. Did you happen to get a price on them when you contacted them?

I didn’t snap the few that I used either.

Back