Cali Kid Corals

10 year old female seeking new home

Video...
Looks like every other pic you can imagine

Please come get her
She is a rescue from Green Marine
I was going to pair her but I already have 15 pairs of clowns

If no one picks her up, I will take her in when I drop off Bruce’s piece for you. Does she kill nems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That sounds like a war waiting to happen. Maroons are aggressive as they get larger and Clark's aren't exactly docile either being a larger species of clown. Mixing clowns isn't usually a good idea, especially a trio of different species (the maroon is actually in a different genus altogether).

That sounds like a war waiting to happen. Maroons are aggressive as they get larger and Clark's aren't exactly docile either being a larger species of clown. Mixing clowns isn't usually a good idea, especially a trio of different species (the maroon is actually in a different genus altogether).
I actually put those two together and oh my god, I had to take clarki out and give him his own tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah Im scared of that happening. I know my black and white clown is docile. So far Goldbar hangs out in its nem and the other clown just swims openly.

You guys think introducing a dozen baby size clowns together will allow them to grow up in harmony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Im scared of that happening. I know my black and white clown is docile. So far Goldbar hangs out in its nem and the other clown just swims openly.

You guys think introducing a dozen baby size clowns together will allow them to grow up in harmony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out brs’s clown harem tank. Works best if you add fish from the same egg clutch. I haven’t read of people trying babies from different clutches

You have to feed heavily with good nutrient export. Ryan mentioned that in one of his videos that it's the only way that they've been able to keep aggression down. I think they're at ~8 feedings a day in that tank.

I would have stuck with one species of clowns and just done a pair. I've tried two different species before and they basically warred with each other depending on where their 'nems were. I prefer watching a pair of clowns intermix with other fish versus fish taking shots at each other all day long.

You have to feed heavily with good nutrient export. Ryan mentioned that in one of his videos that it's the only way that they've been able to keep aggression down. I think they're at ~8 feedings a day in that tank.

I would have stuck with one species of clowns and just done a pair. I've tried two different species before and they basically warred with each other depending on where their 'nems were. I prefer watching a pair of clowns intermix with other fish versus fish taking shots at each other all day long.
Hey Eric, just wondering what different species you tried and what size tank you had

40G tank. Ocellaris with skunk clowns. You'd figured that they look different enough that they wouldn't care about each other, but nope. You can see them here about to run at each other. One of the only pics that I could recover from the archives years ago. This pic was shot ~1999, with a 1MP floppy disk digital camera. You can also see one of the first batches of RBTA that came into the trade.

a.jpg

Back